Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Warp 3 - USB Keyboard issues
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
LGXSupport
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 27 Mar, 2006
1. Warp 3 - USB Keyboard issues
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I am trying to get os/2 warp server 4 (with warp 3 os) up and running. I am installing it on a new Dell Optiplex GX620 (only usbports - no ps/2). Everything appears to be running great with the exception of after a while the keyboard buffer gets off by a few keystrokes. This is very annoying!! I tried to update the usb driver but is says it must be Warp 4. Is it possible to use usb with warp 3? Anyone have an Idea?

Thanks
Ryan

Date: 30 Mar, 2006 on 17:48
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
2. Re:Warp 3 - USB Keyboard issues
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

To get the "latest" USB device drivers, you'll need to either have a Software Choice subscription, or eCS. However there are some older "free" drivers which IBM released that may work for you.

Go to:

http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=usbdrvs

And download the "USB Basic Controller Support" - the latest "Free" driver.

Also further down on that page is the USB Keyboard driver. Grab the "free" driver too. (unless you have a SWC subscription, in which case grab the latest driver)

As I recall, in order for USB to work properly under Warp 3, you'll also need the latest fixpak - which for Warp Server 4 is Fixpak 43. The US english version can be found:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/rsu/xr_w043

You may also need the Device Driver fixpak (but I'm not 100% sure if this is needed for USB stuff, because I believe the USB stuff was never incorporated into the DD fixpak), at:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/rsu/xr_d002

Good luck!

Date: 30 Mar, 2006 on 22:12
Warp 3 - USB Keyboard issues
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: