Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Sound Drivers for OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
RobertM
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Aug, 2004
1. Sound Drivers for OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi

Does anyone know if there are sound drivers that support an OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A? I am running eCS 1.2R and the version of UniAudio that comes with it does not support it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert

Date: 05 Jun, 2006 on 00:40
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
2. Re:Sound Drivers for OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A?
Based on everything I'm reading the UniAudio drivers should work with that chipset. Have a look at:

http://www.os2warp.be/index2.php?name=soundmatrix

and

http://www.os2usr.org/os2sound.html

Also, try the build on Netlabs at:

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/

See if any of it works...

Failing that, disable the sound card on your motherboard and spend between $5 and $10 on eBay for a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card... they work with UniAudio.

Date: 05 Jun, 2006 on 07:33
RobertM
Premium member
in user

since: 16 Aug, 2004
3. Re:Sound Drivers for OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A?
Thanks for the info... perhaps I need to find and use a newer version of UniAudio (I'm guessing there must be one newer that what's on the eCS CD I just got).

As for alternate sound cards (price not too much of an object), does anyone know of a card with SPDIF out (TOSLINK preferrably) for 5.1 sound that is decently well supported by UniAudio? I see some on the list... anyone have any personal experiences with them?

Date: 05 Jun, 2006 on 19:23
Sound Drivers for OnBoard SoundMax ADI AD1986A?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: