Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
IDE to USB 4 Warp ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
cyber manic
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 09 May, 2006
1. IDE to USB 4 Warp ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

Anyone have experience with IDE to USB adapters, I want to connect HDD and/or CD via such adapter to USB under OS/2. Any suggestions what/where to buy ? I've searched in to USB device base but found nothing, or unable to recongise any of them.

Date: 09 Jun, 2006 on 14:52
Yoeddy
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 13 Jun, 2006
2. Re:IDE to USB 4 Warp ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

are you looking for an internal IDE - USB adapter or did you search for an external device?

I've use an ICY Box IB-360-BL Series external 3,5" IDE - USB2 case
( http://www.icybox.de/de/pages/products/external_cases.php?we_objectID=3208 )
bundled with a Maxtor 250GB succesfully with eCS 1.15 and eCs 2.0 Beta2 connect to 2 pc via a USB-Switch without any problems (the Maxtor has 3 Partitions, 1 JFs, 1 FAT32 and 1 NTFS all partitions are accesible from eCS (NTFS readonly of course). eCS even manage to disconnect the device succesfully, my Win2003 Server fails on that.

If you want a DVD-Burner attached via USB with eCS you will need a special version of the ASPI router. IIRC, someone recently uploaded such a package to hobbes

Regards
Andreas
Date: 13 Jun, 2006 on 16:13

cyber manic (09 Jun, 2006 14:52):
Hi,

Anyone have experience with IDE to USB adapters, I want to connect HDD and/or CD via such adapter to USB under OS/2. Any suggestions what/where to buy ? I've searched in to USB device base but found nothing, or unable to recongise any of them.

Date: 13 Jun, 2006 on 16:17
IDE to USB 4 Warp ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: