Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Memory Usage
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
21. Re:Memory Usage
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have a feeling this may not work, because I believe each build of os2ldr is tied to a specific kernel. But, you could try the one from Warp 4 Fixpak 1, available at:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=/pub/os2/system/patches/fixpack/warp_4/xr_m001

You'll have to manually extract the disk images, and then unpack the os2ldr files from the resulting directory structure, (os2ldr and os2ldr.msg), but it just *might* work.

Date: 12 Sep, 2006 on 18:29
Cliffdaddy
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 30 May, 2006
22. Re:Memory Usage
Hi tommytravolta,

This is just a thought.

If you are unable to get the Old program to work, this may give you a backup plan.

If you cannot get PolyMod2 to work with the new computer, have you considered other programs? I do not know how you are using PolyMod2, but when I searched it on the Web, I found other programs that were listed as similar. I found a program listed called "OS2You" . You can download the newest version, time limited demo copy at;

http://welcome.to/ridax

You can download an older version from Hobbes

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/

You can get licenses at Mensys.
The company that makes OS2You makes other programs.

OS2You for test mode remote control
PM2You for graphical remote control
WIN2You graphical remote control for Win95 and WinNT
WinTerm Windows client
JAVACLIENT Java client

Cliffdaddy

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 on 03:18
Cliffdaddy
Normal member
in user

since: 30 May, 2006
23. Re:Memory Usage
I just noticed a typo

OS2You is text mode, not test mode

Fat Fingers
aka Cliffdaddy

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 on 12:20
tommytravolta
Normal member
in user

since: 01 Sep, 2006
24. Re:Memory Usage
Changing the Loader was not successful.
Got some´strane errors and a TRAP.
So I switched back to my SMP Kernel !

So I think only thing is to patch the running loader to
not use int15 for getting the memory informations ...

Anybody knows how to do that ?

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 on 13:48
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

since: 10 Aug, 2004
25. Re:Memory Usage
My suggestion would be to try emailing Daniela Engert directly, that is the person who initially wrote the Patch Loader application to allow the OS/2 loader to recognize memory above 64 MB in the first place. There may be a way to modify that program to get a loader that will only recognize 64 MB.

If you download the patchldr.zip from hobbes, there is a patchldr.doc file in there with the email address.

Also, that does come with C source code, you might be able to modify the source yourself.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=patchldr&pushbutton=Search

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 on 18:15
Memory Usage
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 2 | Next >
Go to: