Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
HP 9600si CD-RW w/ OS/2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
1. HP 9600si CD-RW w/ OS/2
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I just recently purchased a HP 9600si CD-R due to the fact that my Yamaha 2484 had stopped working. However with the new drive installed (this is a scsi drive) the system hangs everytime it comes to OS2CDROM.DMD which I then changed to JJSCDROM.DMD (same problem) and about to try the newest one which I still don't believe will help anything. Is there any way to make OS/2 not see this drive as a CDROM and only as a generic scsi device so I could still use it with CDRecord (which is all I really require)? What exactly is OS2CDROM.DMD doing other then allowing for further access of the cdrom devices? IS there a way this problem could be fixed?
Date: 02 Feb, 2003 on 20:37
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
2. Re:HP 9600si CD-RW w/ OS/2
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
this problem has been resolved, turned out after trying to use my scsi scanner that the card was being conflicted with my ethernet card, and whenever any access to any device was granted, it would hard reboot the computer.
Date: 03 Feb, 2003 on 06:03
HP 9600si CD-RW w/ OS/2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: