Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
ALC202A Audio Codec
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
MIR
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 06 Feb, 2003
1. ALC202A Audio Codec
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hello!
I have a "DFI NB73-BC" motherboard with integrated Realtek ALC202A audio codec.

Has anyone out there been successful at getting this sound hardware working with OS/2?

P.S. Drivers for this audio codec I took from Realtek WebSite.
ftp://152.104.125.40/pc/ac97/alc202a/os2warp4.exe

Thanks!

Date: 06 Feb, 2003 on 15:52
OB
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Jun, 2003
2. Re:ALC202A Audio Codec
I'm in the same boat you're in. Yesterday I tried to configure integrated audio on Itox's G4V620-B motherboard and have had no luck. During the reboot I will receive 2 errors stating the driver didn't load. One of the reasons I bought this motherboard is because I thought the sound driver would work. If I find out anything new I will let you know.
Date: 10 Jun, 2003 on 18:56
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
3. Re:ALC202A Audio Codec
Have you tried the UNIAUD driver that is on hobbes? I've seen a report that this works with an ALC200, and based on the available, it will probably work with the ALC202 as well.
Date: 11 Jun, 2003 on 01:03
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

since: 26 Nov, 2002
4. Re:ALC202A Audio Codec

OB (Jun 10, 2003 19:56):
I'm in the same boat you're in. Yesterday I tried to configure integrated audio on Itox's G4V620-B motherboard and have had no luck. During the reboot I will receive 2 errors stating the driver didn't load. One of the reasons I bought this motherboard is because I thought the sound driver would work. If I find out anything new I will let you know.

Hi,
forgive me if this does't apply to your case, but lately I had similar problems with another sound chipset. It turned out that the OS/2 sound driver wasn't able to share resources (IRQ) with other devices (a NIC in my case) - something quite familiar to us OS/2 users...
As the BIOS of the board didn't allow manual assigment of resources to the PCI slots, I swapped the cards until the sound card had an IRQ on its own.
Okay, might really be off-topic, but you might want to check if there is any card that uses the same irq as the one that was assigned your on-board sound chip... the pci sniffer utility from hobbes is useful to find out PnP assignments of devices not shown in device manager. IIRC its called PCI047VK or something like that.
I'm keeping fingers crossed for you

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 13 Jun, 2003 on 12:35
OB
Normal member
in user

5. Re:ALC202A Audio Codec
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I would like to use all the integrated functions (LAN, video, audio) of the G4V620-B motherboard because I will be getting it UL listed for Fire Applications. This motherboard is a revision controlled motherboard with at least a 3 year shelf life. Thanks also for the tip on the PCI Sniffer. The audio is indeed being shared by 3 PCI Devices. The good news is I don't absolutely have to have working audio.
Date: 13 Jun, 2003 on 15:10
OB
Normal member
in user

6. Re:ALC202A Audio Codec

OB (Jun 13, 2003 16:10):
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I would like to use all the integrated functions (LAN, video, audio) of the G4V620-B motherboard because I will be getting it UL listed for Fire Applications. This motherboard is a revision controlled motherboard with at least a 3 year shelf life. Thanks also for the tip on the PCI Sniffer. The audio is indeed being shared by 3 PCI Devices. The good news is I don't absolutely have to have working audio.

The mistery is solved. RealTek has not added the ID Code for OS/2. I assume this probably affects the new Codec's which reference the "OS2Warp4.exe" zip file on their web site.

Date: 18 Jun, 2003 on 13:56
ALC202A Audio Codec
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: