Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Memory Stick PCMCIA Adapter and OS/2?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. Memory Stick PCMCIA Adapter and OS/2?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Will a pcmcia memory stick adapter work with OS/2? Will the pcmcia plugnplay program see it? Will it see it as 'memory' or as a 'hard drive'?
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 11 Apr, 2003 on 18:36
Bart
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2003
2. Re:Memory Stick PCMCIA Adapter and OS/2?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 16 Apr, 2003 16:50 (1 times)
Sorry I did not see the post sooner.
I have a Sony camera with a memory stick (64M) and I have no trouble using it on both my laptop and my desktop with the PCMCIA adapter.
I have a 2 slot PCMCIA interface on my desktop that I picked up for about $40 US. I am using the PC Card support that came with OS/2 Warp4 on the desktop, and the Thinkpad PC Card support for the laptop. The memory stick is seen as an ATA type drive if I recall. I can copy files on and off and do the standard file management. The camera puts the files in a directory tree a couple levels down.

Just wanted to add. Make sure you have a spare interrupt for the PCMCIA interface. If not you will see the card but no drive letter will be assigned. This is true for OS/2 and WinXX. (and in a multi-boot config may be different as WinXX may change config at each boot)

Date: 16 Apr, 2003 on 16:42
Memory Stick PCMCIA Adapter and OS/2?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: