Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Success with HP 990Cse
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
RosinCore
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.canconweb.net
since: 20 Aug, 2002
1. Success with HP 990Cse
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Incase anyone cares, I got the HP 990Cse Professional Series printer working with the IBM OMNI printer driver download from Hobbes. It was FAR FAR FAR more easy to install on my OS/2 than on my Windows box! I never installed a printer on OS/2 before, and it was a simple as finding the Template for a printer, and I right clicked, said INSTALL, pointed it to the OMNI director, choose the 990C and pressed OK. That was IT!
I'm so very impressed! Apparently I could have just dragged the 990C driver to the desktop and that would have worked as well... easier still!
Anyways, I'm just happy as can be... this once again re-affirms my LOVE for OS/2!!!

If my experince can help anyone else, feel free to email me: rCore@swirvemail.com
Also, once I get a chance I'll install the USB Print drivers and see if I can use this puppy with my USB port... something that even the all mighty all powerful Windows cant do...

Date: 15 May, 2003 on 03:56
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Success with HP 990Cse
Just wondering if you compare the printouts from OS2 with Windows; how well are the printouts then? Text usually looks the same, but when printing photo images; same performance?
Date: 15 May, 2003 on 07:53
RosinCore
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.canconweb.net
since: 20 Aug, 2002
3. Re:Success with HP 990Cse
All I can say is that I am *VERY* impressed with the quality of the print out... I would say easily as good as the Windows printout, if not better. I still have to pick up some photo paper and compare that against what Windows did on photo paper, but plain paper printing is great.
(Now, I may be bias, but I do think the OS/2 print looked better than the Windows print.)

The driver even includes alot of features as well...

- Tray Selection :
Upper Tray - Letter - Plain Paper
Upper Tray - Letter - HP Premium InkJet Paper
Upper Tray - Letter - HP Premium Photo Paper
Upper Tray - Letter - Transparency
Upper Tray - A4 - Plain Paper
Upper Tray - A4 - HP Premium InkJet Paper
Upper Tray - A4 - HP Premium Photo Paper
Upper Tray - A4 - Transparency
Upper Tray - A5 - Plain Paper
Upper Tray - B5 - Plain Paper

- Print Quality :
Normal, Draft, Presentation

- Print Mode :
Black Only, Grey Scale, 24 Bit Black and Color

- Duplex Options : *** YES, it ACTUALLY Supports DUPLEX ***
1 Sided, 2 Sided Flip, 2 Sided Book

- Misc :
Colliate, Mirror Image, Form Feed Control, Monochrome Adjustments (darkness/gain), Monochrome Colors (Foreground/Background), N-up Printing (multiple pages per sheet), and some Booklet options...

So it is a VERY complete driver... I was quite surprised with the quality of it. Fast printing too. I could include some screen captures if you wanted of the driver setup pages, but they may seem anti-climatic...

Date: 16 May, 2003 on 17:36
WarpOMatic
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 09 Apr, 2005
4. Re:Success with HP 990Cse
I just found that the driver for the HP 995c ( same driver?) also works for the HP 1200d. I was very dissappointed when the 1200 driver didn't do duplex and was almost resigned to booting winx when I wanted to do two-sided printing but the HP995c driver works great. Better than the 1200 driver maybe in that it offers a presentation option where the 1200 only offers normal as top print job!
Date: 09 Apr, 2005 on 03:17
Success with HP 990Cse
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: