Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
eCS, SNAP, and GeForce 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Radek
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
1. eCS, SNAP, and GeForce 4
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
The SNAP drivers by Scitechsoft state that they support the GeForce 4 video card. Especially, they state that the chip Ti 4200 is "certified".
Nevertheless, I am unable to run my GeForce Ti 4200 TD 8x by the SNAP drivers. SNAP (build 398, the latest build) identifies my video card as "VESA 3.0" and runs it accordingly.

Hardware:
Motherboard: K7N2 Delta
CPU: Athlon XP 2200+
RAM: 1 GB
supposed video: GeForce 4 Ti 4200 TD 8x
net: Realtek
sound: SB Live 512
HD Caviar 40 GB, Iomega Zip 250, Plextor CDRW, Teac CD

BIOS:
AGP Fast Video Writes enabled
AGP 8x enabled
FSB clock 133 MHz
AGP speed 66 MHz
AGP aperture 128 MB
no overclocking

Software related to video:
eCS 1.1
SDD 7.1
SNAP, build 398
no other video related drivers or programs running in the background

Notes:
1. The hardware isn't defective. I have Win2000 on my computer as well. I was able to install drivers and run my GeForce 4 under Win2000 without problems.
2. Both SNAP and SDD are installed okay. If I replace GeForce 4 with my old Riva TNT2 Ultra then all problems vanish. The Riva runs like hell. Both SDD and SNAP identify it correctly and operate it correctly.
3. GaCtrl is unable to identify RAMDAC and clock speed on the GeForce 4.

Please help.

Date: 05 Aug, 2003 on 15:02
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
2. Re:eCS, SNAP, and GeForce 4
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
The things to do are:

- Make sure you have the latest version. Looking at the readme, it has "GeForce 4 Ti 4200 8x" listed, which isn't the same as "GeForce 4 Ti 4200 TD 8x". They might just be different enough that yours isn't detected as the same thing.

- Look in the grpahics.log to see what it says about the video. This is in \os2\drivers\config. It should have the chipset correctly even if it can't use it. There may also be clues as to why it isn't working.

- Ask on the Scitech newsgroup. The developers are there, and, lots of other people who know about video cards.

David
Date: 07 Aug, 2003 on 03:13
eCS, SNAP, and GeForce 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: