Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
On request here is where to find proper support for the IBM Aptiva 2176-325 system, main web resource to be found here.

As well the latest available BIOS upgrade has been attached here as a RAR'ed RAW file.

Date: 17 Sep, 2003 on 23:12 Attachment: couflash.rar
dary
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Sep, 2005
2. Re:IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
I want the latest COUFLASH.exe update for the Aptiva BIOS that Kim says he has, but why does he offer it in RAW format? RAW format is for digital images, not BIOS data files. Can anyone send my this COUFLASH.exe file in a more usable format?
---------------

Kim (17 Sep, 2003 23:12):
On request here is where to find proper support for the IBM Aptiva 2176-325 system, main web resource to be found here.

As well the latest available BIOS upgrade has been attached here as a RAR'ed RAW file.

Date: 19 Sep, 2005 on 02:02
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
3. Re:IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
No no! It's not RAW it RAR; just download either rar.exe or unrar.exe for OS2 or Windows and you'll have what you want.
Date: 19 Sep, 2005 on 08:37
dary
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Sep, 2005
4. Re:IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
I downloaded your Post-61-421-couflash.rar file. I opened it with my WinRAR program. Inside was the couflash.RAW file. I extracted that file, but could do nothing with it. No program would recognize it as anything other than an image file. I tried changing its name from RAW to RAR and submitted it again to WinRAR. WinRAR could not open it it any further and errored out with a "file format unknown" message. So I'm back to square one!

Can I ask you to please send me the couflash.exe file directly to my email address? It's dary@optonline.net . Just rename the file from EXE to TXT so my virus scanner doesn't trash it.

Thanks very much for your help.
DARY

Kim (19 Sep, 2005 08:37):
No no! It's not RAW it RAR; just download either rar.exe or unrar.exe for OS2 or Windows and you'll have what you want.
Date: 19 Sep, 2005 on 17:19
Kim
Team member
in staff

5. Re:IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
last updated at 19 Sep, 2005 19:43 (1 times)
Okey, was a while ago since I posted this; but the RAW format is correct for the bios; but you need the bios flash tool to be able to flash the system and it seems that IBM has cleaned out most of the old files; or rather Lenova;but I'll see what I can find.
Date: 19 Sep, 2005 on 19:42
jaz56303
Normal member
in user

since: 15 Feb, 2006
6. Re:IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
the february 1999 update for couflash.exe is available here:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=607867

On a side note, if a file is in .RAW format, u can open it with WinImage (winimage.com). .RAW format is just a disk image, like an .IMG or .VFD file.

Date: 15 Feb, 2006 on 15:05
IBM Aptiva 2176-325 Support
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: