Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Leaking Capacitors Muck up Motherboards
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. Leaking Capacitors Muck up Motherboards
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 25 Sep, 2004 20:50 (1 times)
I know that I'm not the only one having problem with leaking and busted caps: capacitors oozing a brownish crud on the motherboard. But, in my case with the ABit BP6 board that is used for the OS2 World server it the reason why the system has been so unstable that last six month.

For more reading check out following article at spectrum.ieee.org.

Date: 12 Oct, 2003 on 19:04 Attachment: ncap01.jpg
SNOtwistR
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 23 Jan, 2005
2. Re:Leaking Capacitors Muck up Motherboards
I had the same problem with unstability and the bp6. You can replace the caps that are the problem which i did and have never looked back, info on this mod is on the www.bp6.com website. hope this helps
Date: 23 Jan, 2005 on 20:55
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:Leaking Capacitors Muck up Motherboards
Thanks I never came around to do that since we managed to get some fundings together from the OS2 community to build a new server. But, still got the mobo as a spare part mobo to another server and still have plans to fix it.
Date: 23 Jan, 2005 on 21:30
Leaking Capacitors Muck up Motherboards
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: