Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Gigabyte GA-6WOZ7
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. Gigabyte GA-6WOZ7
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Do You also have the need for an extra system to be used as a fileserver or just to play around with? Well, I had so went out on the net to find the smallest system I could get, so it could be stored away in some closet or something. Also I would not have any need to use it together with a monitor (I'm using Desktop On Call; can anyone tell me why it still have some Japanees keyboard layout?!).

The trick is not just to find a small board; the hardest was to find a small case as well. It turned out that I found a hardware vendor selling complete system with housing and board. The system uses the Mini NLX-C from Gigabyte and the form factor for the chassi is 286mm/355mm/85mm (W/D/H)! Together with the board you also need the riser card, GA-6RNC otherwise you won't otherwise to get the system to run. I've then added a Celeron 733mhz, 128mb SDRAM, Adapatec 2940UW and a extra 3Com NIC + IBM 9.1GBUW and 40GB IDE disk.

Installing Warp Server for e-Business was no problem at all, it found the Intel® 810E AGP and drivers for the Intel® 82559 LAN chip came along on the CD. Another great thing with the system is that Xworkplace really manage to shutdown the system (power off), compare with my Abit BP6 it does not mange to do this yet.

Summar would be that installation on this system went without any problem. For more information about this board check out following url:

http://www2.gigabyte.com.tw/products/ga6woz7.htm

Date: 14 May, 2001 on 18:15
Gigabyte GA-6WOZ7
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: