Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
melf
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
1. PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Is it in some way possible to use the the oS/2 lucentdriver for a lucent PC-cardmodem. If it is possible, how to do??
Date: 08 Jun, 2003 on 22:27
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
2. Re:PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
I have an IBM pcmcia 56k modem (I do not know if it is a Win-modem or not) that is seen by the Warp plug-n-play software for pc cards. It sees it as a modem. It was also seen by the ATTGlobalNetwork dialer that have from my ISP service (ATT bought out/took over the IBM Global Network service).

I will check to see if it is a Win-modem and return with the result.

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 17 Jun, 2003 on 20:07
melf
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
3. Re:PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
My card is seen by the pccard plug 'n' play software and is also declared there as a lucent winmodem. But it will not function, of course, and the problem is that I don't know if it's possible to use the existing lucentdriver for that pccard. And if it is possible, how shall I install that driver so it also can be used by the pccard??
Date: 17 Jun, 2003 on 22:30
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
4. Re:PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
What dialer are you using? Can it detect the card? If the dialer can detect it, perhaps it could be used by it without any other drivers? What isp service are you connecting to?
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 18 Dec, 2003 on 16:49
melf
Normal member
in user

5. Re:PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
I use eCsConet or what its called. Earlier i used the IBM one. No, it couldn't be used by the dialer directly, just because it is a winmodem, and needs a driver under OS/2. But IBM has released a driver and it also comes with eComStation, but "how the hell" do I make it useable also for a PMCIA-card and not only for a built in one??
Date: 03 Jan, 2004 on 22:13
icebear
Premium member
in user

since: 17 Jun, 2001
6. Re: Very vagely I do remember ...
... that IBM may had / have provided a Lucent WinModem Driver for their Thinkpad T23 !

I am also not sure anymore if it was for OS/2 really and
if one needs a SWC !?

Date: 04 Jan, 2004 on 14:16
melf
Normal member
in user

7. Re:PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
Anyway I do have that driver and that is not the problem. The problem is how to use it with PCMCIA-modem.
Date: 04 Jan, 2004 on 14:53
PC-card winmodem and lucentdriver
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: