Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Press any key to continue
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
manolo
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Apr, 2004
1. Press any key to continue
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi i have a 3com ethernet card that i must remove sometimes but i dont have keyboard in my machine all the time, i want to ignore the error message without comment the device. how should i do ? i want to pass the erro without press any key to continue

Thanks

Date: 14 Apr, 2004 on 01:46
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
2. Re:Press any key to continue
I guess you are referring to the error during boot?

Have you tried PAUSEONERROR=NO in your config.sys?

Date: 14 Apr, 2004 on 08:05
manolo
Normal member
in user

3. Re:Press any key to continue
yes i try, but he doesnt work......
Date: 14 Apr, 2004 on 13:33
phaelonimaire
Normal member
in user

since: 03 Feb, 2004
4. Re:Press any key to continue
If you're using eCS, it's possible that you may have multiple pauseonerror lines.. Might check that if you haven't already. This only matters if you're putting the new line at the top of the file, though.

On your "Press any key" - Do you get any sort of SYS error that goes along with it? If not, it could be in the driver, itself - in which case you will have to do some sort of magic-dance config.sys swapping.

Date: 14 Apr, 2004 on 19:36
manolo
Normal member
in user

5. Re:Press any key to continue
How can i do magic-dance config.sys swapping ? give to me some eg. Thanks !!
Date: 15 Apr, 2004 on 03:24
zoron
Normal member
in user

since: 19 Oct, 2003
6. Re:Press any key to continue
To help we really need to know error message. For example SYS1201 is a standard config.sys error eg:

SYS1201: The device driver *** specified in the *** statement
on line *** of the CONFIG.SYS file was not installed. Line ***
is ignored.
Press Enter to continue...

The "magic dance" concept mentioned above is to have two or more config.sys files i.e one with the card driver and one without, you setup the system to swap the files at boot. However, if you do not have a keyboard then this will not help

Date: 15 Apr, 2004 on 19:35
manolo
Normal member
in user

7. Re:Press any key to continue
Hi !
the message error
3com etherlink pci OS/2 ndis driver v5.2.2
error: network adapter not found or not responding.
error: initialization failure driver will not be installed

i want to skip this message without a keyboard, How can i do
Thanks!!!

Date: 21 Apr, 2004 on 13:50
Radek
Normal member
in user

since: 17 Jul, 2003
8. Re:Press any key to continue
I guess you are out of luck. The "press any key" message seems to be generated by the driver itself and not by the system. That's why PAUSEONERROR does not work. The only chance is that the driver has some optional parameter, like /Q, which would suppress error messages, including the "press any key" one.
One silly note: config.sys is executed line by line so that the PAUSEONERROR statement must be before the DEVICE=your_driver.sys statement. Otherwise, the PAUSEONERROR statement will not work. But I suppose you placed the PAUSEONERROR line at the beginning of the file, so that it was before the DEVICE line.
Date: 21 Apr, 2004 on 16:06
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: