Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Ctrl Alt F10 ...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
cloclo
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2004
1. Ctrl Alt F10 ...
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Does anyone know this "feature" ?

On Warp 3, when pressing Ctrl Alt F10 twice, a black screen is displayed, inviting to backup a core dump to a Floppy Disk ...

I did not test it on Warp 4 or ECS but I suppose they offer the same reaction. Does anyone know if there is a method to block this feature (and also for Ctrl Alr Delete) ?

Date: 22 Apr, 2004 on 20:05
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
2. Re:Ctrl Alt F10 ...
Yes, that's a feature to start a memory dump. It's normally "Ctrl-Alt-NumLock-NumLock", but, apparently the "Ctrl-Alt-F10-F10" is there for notebooks that may not have a NumLock key.

I don't know of a way to trap this sequence, but, I use Veit Kannegieser's CAD Handler (on hobbes as CADH.ZIP) to trap the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence and give some vey useful behaviour. There are other utilities that block it as well. It's possible that one of these could be modified to trap this as well.

David
Date: 23 Apr, 2004 on 01:00
cloclo
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2004
3. Thanks:Ctrl Alt F10 ...
Thank you very much !!!

I will test these things soon, especially for the Ctrl Alt Delete.

We have already encountered two accidental Ctrl Alt Del actions on our OS/2 server (critical activities) since it was installed in 1993.

Have a nice time ...

Date: 23 Apr, 2004 on 19:43
Ctrl Alt F10 ...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: