Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
2 lan cards?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
since: 04 Feb, 2004
1. 2 lan cards?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Do I have to do something extra when I have 2 lan cards...
I want my PC connect to another.
I did was using a 3com XL on the vswitch (VPC) and the vswitch on tcp/ip and netbui .
So I added an extra card to connect only to tcp/ip and I changed the numbers of the perivious tcp/ip..
It did work.. (I could go on the internet with my new card) but only once....
Now it won't work anymore after I updated the ibmlan.ini
After boot on the desktop it says there is no tcp/ip..
I tried several confiigurations but it only keeps working now with one lan card..
I did fill in the mac adresses..
Chris.
Date: 24 Apr, 2004 on 12:27
oli
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 24 Jul, 2003
2. Re:2 lan cards?
Did you create a route ?
Date: 24 Apr, 2004 on 22:16
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
3. Re:2 lan cards?
Nope.. not yet.. the other PC is not connected right now.. first I wanted to get this side ready..
Date: 25 Apr, 2004 on 02:37
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

4. Re:2 lan cards?
Ok.. I'm realy stupid.. last night I was thinking about your remark and I saw the light.. probably:-))
I configured the whole thing with MPTN and completely forgot about the tcp/ip config... so I did not give an IP to the second LAN..
Yeah.. its a different program.. althogh the MPTN mention it clearlly and it has the tcp/ip config disabled... (actually maybe they should not have.. to link it to the real tcp/ip config would be better:-) )..
Because it was working.. more or less.. I did have internet.. I got completely on the wrong foot.. and searched in the wrong place... while its so simple and obvious... and I did not realy needed (tested) the other LAN.. I still have to assemble the other PC.... ..
Still its weird it only worked once and I could never get it back.. even with the same configuration? at what it worked only the first time... it did make me a lot of problems:-)).. the internet should not have worked maybe?...
OK.. I will try it all again (when I found the common IP numbers for small network.. I'm not sure but I thought its in the 126.x.x.x or 226.x.x.x range?? )
(Well its easy to find.....))

Thanks anyhow.... Chris..

Date: 25 Apr, 2004 on 16:55
2 lan cards?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: