Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Cable Modems and OS/2-eCS?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. Cable Modems and OS/2-eCS?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I will be getting a cable modem and service from my local cable company. I am looking for settings and/or programs to use with it. Is there any recomended sites for settings and/or recommended programs for use with it? IIRC (acording to the person on the phone), it connects via the network card and my pc meets the minimum for memory and cpu speed.
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 10 May, 2004 on 16:27
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
2. Re:Cable Modems and OS/2-eCS?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
The cable modem is connected to my eComStation computer and I am surfing the interenet/www with it now. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I was told to call the cable company to register the modem since I could not do it via the computer. I called the cable company and was told that if I am surfing the interenet, the cable modem was already registered (probabaly done when the installed phone the cable company). The person on the phone never heard of eCS and I gave him the web site url to check it out.
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 15 May, 2004 on 19:09
Cable Modems and OS/2-eCS?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: