Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Stuart
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
1. Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi Folks

I have a T23, with which I am very happy, but for a couple of points. I set a hibernation partition, and have now discovered that it will hibernate to disk if the power lead is removed. However, when the machine comes out of hibernation I can't use any programs. The title bars appear (sometimes) but it is as if the desktop background covers up the window, eg if I click on the drives object of eCenter, nothing appears.

Secondly, I have a Dock II which works fine, but I am unable to undock without powering down. When I had a Thinkpad 760ED and an original Dock II, there was a device driver which allowed warm docking and changing of configuration between docked and undocked - does anyone know of a similar system for the newer dock?

TIA
Stuart

Date: 28 Aug, 2004 on 16:37
icebear
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jun, 2001
2. Re: Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Have you checked the following link for your system's drivers and updates ?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?doctypeind=9&doccategoryind=0&operatingsystemind=50685&template=/productpage/landingpages/productPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=10&familyind=50322&machineind=0&modelind=0&partnumberind=0&subcategoryind=0&validate=true

Good luck !

Date: 28 Aug, 2004 on 20:22
Stuart
Normal member
in user

3. Re:Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Well, I sorted the hibernation problem - there is a config.sys environment variable to set which forces a repaint after coming out hibernation. I have the newest BIOS and utilities, but cannot load them without a floppy (the previous one I loaded was fine).

Anyone got any ideas on the dock problem?

Stuart

Date: 30 Aug, 2004 on 23:07
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
4. Re:Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
For my curiosity, what is the environment variable that you added to the CONFIG.SYS? I can't say that I've heard of this before.

Sorry, I can't help with the docking station as I've never used one.

---
David

Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 01:36
Stuart
Normal member
in user

5. Re:Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
The line is

SET SNAP_APM_REPAINT=Y

it forces a repaint when APM releasesthe screen after hibernation. It's in the SNAP for OS/2 FAQ. Apparently the latest BIOS might sort it out. If have it, but unlike the previous one, Ican't install it from the command line when \i use the DFS cd to boot into FreeDOS.

Stuart

Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 07:07
fbakan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan
since: 31 Aug, 2004
6. Re:Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Bios-Update:

- For the latest version you have to update embedded-controller-code first.
- If you still have Windows on the T23 you can use the 'floppy-diskless-versions' of ebc/bios upgrade.

Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 13:47
Stuart
Normal member
in user

7. Re:Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
According to the site, it should be BIOS first, then utilities. I don't have Windows on the machine, and Odin dips out (not surprisingly). Wouls that solve the dock problem though?

Stuart

Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 22:13
Thinkpad T23 with eCS: Power and Docking
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: