Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Keyboard problem
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
savy
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Sep, 2004
1. Keyboard problem
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi everybody,

I installed OS/2 Warp 4 on a notebook (a special rugedizzed notebook) and I have a problem on the keyboard configuration, I haven't the good emplacement for some keys... here the foto of this keyboard, what do you think about?
Thank's in advance.

Frenchy Man
Date: 08 Dec, 2004 on 10:11 Attachment: Clavier_GoBook2.jpg
Radek
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Keyboard problem
A quick-and-dirty solution of your problem is a keyboard remapper. A simple remapper is trivial, it's only a system wide PM hook, but it will work only with PM applications (no full screen, no DOS, no windows sessions).

I have such simple remapper at home. I can send it to you (tomorrow, I am writing from my work, where I am forced to use - eee - how is it called in a civilized society ... ). If you want it then send me an email at hajek@vuv.cz

You can also look around whether somebody has something better than a PM hook.

Date: 08 Dec, 2004 on 10:44
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:Keyboard problem
Hmm I would be interested of the keyboard remap tool as well, so if you don't mind you could just add it as attachment to a reply posting.

/Kim

Date: 08 Dec, 2004 on 12:35
cyberspittle
Normal member
in user

since: 09 Dec, 2002
4. Re:Keyboard problem
Time to go to www.os2ezine.com (16 November, 2004 issue) and read all about keyboard mapping.
Date: 08 Dec, 2004 on 20:16
Radek
Normal member
in user

since: 17 Jul, 2003
5. Re:Keyboard problem
Another info can be found in EDM/2. The article there has even some usable utilities attached. But all this usually does not suffice for defining a language specific keyboard.

My PM hook has the following features:
- Table driven, i.e., language independent. Everyone can create his own definition suitable for his own language.
- Up to 8 dead keys, each of them can redefine up to 40 chars.
- Caps Lock sensitive.
- In fact, it's a keyboard switcher switching getween "unremapped" and "remapped" keyboards.

On the other hand:
- It's a "private app", that means quick-and-dirty solution. Sufficiently functional but not too representable
- Does not work with Lotus Smart Suite for some unknown reason.
- Needs changing the configuration table if you want Open Office. That's because Open Office uses CP1250 and not CP850 or CP852 (it's a winblows clone, not an OS/2 app). Moreover, the Caps Lock sensitivity does not work with Open Office for some unknown reason.

Date: 09 Dec, 2004 on 11:02
savy
Normal member
in user

since: 14 Sep, 2004
6. Re:Keyboard problem
Many thank's for the solutions,
could you send me the files you precised in your message?
Thank's in advance
Date: 10 Dec, 2004 on 10:58
Keyboard problem
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: