Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Pistol Mouse and OS/2-eCS?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. Pistol Mouse and OS/2-eCS?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
"Thanks you for you interest in our product.

Unfortunately we have not had the resources to test the PistolMouse FPS under the operating systems you are asking about. My understanding is that OS/2 added native USB mouse support in Warp 4 FP13. To get it to work in earlier versions you would need to manually install drivers as you know. We just don't know what specific drivers you would need. Obviously you would need a USB driver specific to the motherboard you are using, but beyond that I just don't know.

One other alternative is to use a USB to PS/2 adapter with our mouse in which case it should work with any operating system that has mouse support.

We do back our product with a complete 30 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you are willing to buy the product and test it out, if you can't get it to work to your satisfaction you can return it for a refund.

Obviously, we are interested in the results you could provide if you test this out.

Cheers,

Jon
MonsterGecko Support
"
A reply to my asking of their pistol mouse would work with OS/2-eCS-other operating systems. It would be neat to try it with eCS (I have USB mouse support installed on my pc - it was in the list in the hardware manager).

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 08 Dec, 2004 on 17:00
Martin
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Pistol Mouse and OS/2-eCS?
well, checking the page it says it support USB under Linux and do no offers any drivers. possible it works like normal USB mouse under OS/2, but you never know until someones try it under OS/2.

martin

Date: 14 Dec, 2004 on 00:24
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
3. Re:Pistol Mouse and OS/2-eCS?
I have ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive. Once it is here I will try it with and without a usb to ps2 converter. I will try it with the usb to ps2 converter on my older notebook computer running OS/2 Warp ver 4. I have both usb and ps2 ports on my desktop. In the hard ware manager, it shows usb mouse support installed. I will try it first with just usb. I will return with the results.

I mentioned to them it would be cool if there was a airplane type controll stick mouse. They said they would take it into consideration.

---
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: 14 Dec, 2004 on 15:21
Pistol Mouse and OS/2-eCS?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: