Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
pc
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Jan, 2005
1. Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi all. I've been trying to find the drivers for the cisco 350 under os2. I found the 340 drivers on hobbes and they seem to initialize the card, but it never gets an IP from the DHCP server. I am seeing where people are using a beta driver by Jens Glathe, but it is protected at the os2warp.be site and noone there will reply to my request for a login. Does anyone have this driver or can point me to where it can be downloaded?

TIA

Date: 19 Jan, 2005 on 18:41
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
I assume if you have registered uid within the support system at os2warp.be and requested an uid to the download section you will get it. Guess that they just plain 100% busy and nothing else.
Date: 21 Jan, 2005 on 13:19
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
3. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
That is alright, you might end up with an account like mine, they have emailed me my info 4 times and none of the 4 times has the account actually existed.
Date: 21 Jan, 2005 on 15:23
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
4. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Sebadoh (21 Jan, 2005 15:23):
That is alright, you might end up with an account like mine, they have emailed me my info 4 times and none of the 4 times has the account actually existed.

Did you ever get what you needed, ie the driver?

Date: 21 Jan, 2005 on 18:35
JonOS/2
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2warp.be
since: 04 Jul, 2003
5. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Hi,

I'm the one behind the scenes of os2w.be... When you sign up for account of os2warp.be/support, there is stated that that account does not include access to private downloads.
Normally, people who request login and password for private downloads get an account. However, my mailbox is now flooded with over 200 waiting e-mails and I cannot look at them at this moment, since I have a series of exams, what has kept me 100% occupied the last 3 weeks and will undoudtebly continue to do so for the next week.
That's why there might be some delays in accounts et cetera.
People who requested access to private area will get it, but they'll just have to bear a little time. Sorry about that.

Best regards, Jonas Buys.
<< www.os2warp.be >>

PS: The wireless web pages will be seriously updated during February

Date: 21 Jan, 2005 on 21:30
Glenn
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.roches-noires.net
since: 19 Sep, 2003
6. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
last updated at 22 Jan, 2005 00:12 (1 times)
Very good news
As I could not get any drivers for the Intel 2200BG included in my laptop, I bought a "cheap" ( $48 ) cisco 350 on ebay. Not without another bigger investment : the APSoft driver (60euros) so that my PCMCIA (based on TI 6620 ) could work. The security, ease of use and stability of OS/2-eCS has a price (especially when you are still a student....)
Mark Dodel transmitted me the cisco 350 drivers. He said me that he had not had any news about the development of these drivers in about one year... I hope that IBM has not stopped developing it.
I also hope that your news are good, Jonas
Date: 22 Jan, 2005 on 00:11
pc
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
7. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Thanks for the status update, Jonas. I know how hectic things can get. I'll wait for the login info. I do have the support login, but as you said, it doesn't allow private downloads. I was trying to find a way to post at the os2wireless group at 2rosenthals, but could not find a web interface. I assume it is a newsgroup I'll have to subscribe. I saw where Jens emailed the drivers to some people...

Thanks again,
galen

JonOS/2 (21 Jan, 2005 21:30):
Hi,

I'm the one behind the scenes of os2w.be... When you sign up for account of os2warp.be/support, there is stated that that account does not include access to private downloads.
Normally, people who request login and password for private downloads get an account. However, my mailbox is now flooded with over 200 waiting e-mails and I cannot look at them at this moment, since I have a series of exams, what has kept me 100% occupied the last 3 weeks and will undoudtebly continue to do so for the next week.
That's why there might be some delays in accounts et cetera.
People who requested access to private area will get it, but they'll just have to bear a little time. Sorry about that.

Best regards, Jonas Buys.
<< www.os2warp.be >>

PS: The wireless web pages will be seriously updated during February

Date: 22 Jan, 2005 on 02:14
wolfgangx
Normal member
in user

since: 27 Jan, 2005
8. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

pc (19 Jan, 2005 18:41):
Hi all. I've been trying to find the drivers for the cisco 350 under os2. I found the 340 drivers on hobbes and they seem to initialize the card, but it never gets an IP from the DHCP server. I am seeing where people are using a beta driver by Jens Glathe, but it is protected at the os2warp.be site and noone there will reply to my request for a login. Does anyone have this driver or can point me to where it can be downloaded?

TIA

Hi,
Cisco 350 works, but only the 11MBit Type
So if you want download the driver, then try
ftp://www.wwz.de
user: anonymous
pw: emailadress
Sample protocol.ini included

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 00:34
wolfgangx
Normal member
in user

since: 27 Jan, 2005
9. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Hi,
Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 00:36
Henk
Normal member
in user

since: 25 Feb, 2003
10. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Glenn (22 Jan, 2005 00:12):
Very good news
As I could not get any drivers for the Intel 2200BG included in my laptop, I bought a "cheap" ( $48 ) cisco 350 on ebay. Not without another bigger investment : the APSoft driver (60euros) so that my PCMCIA (based on TI 6620 ) could work. The security, ease of use and stability of OS/2-eCS has a price (especially when you are still a student....)
Mark Dodel transmitted me the cisco 350 drivers. He said me that he had not had any news about the development of these drivers in about one year... I hope that IBM has not stopped developing it.

Glenn,

I saw a post of Daniella about the Intel 2200BG..

She said that GenMac with NDISWrapper function is working fine
here with Intel 2200bg.
You *don't* get this driver from me, though!
It's Willi's baby.

---
With kind regards,

Henk/2

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 02:24
Smedles
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://smedley.info/os2ports.html
since: 12 Jul, 2003
11. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Henk (27 Jan, 2005 02:24):

here with Intel 2200bg.
It's Willi's baby.

Can't wait for this - be nice to remove the Linksys 802.11B card and use the internal WLan card. Battery life is noticable lower with the pcmcia card in than without.

I tried emailing Willi about the driver but didn't get a response - guess he doesn't need any more testers

Cheers,

Paul.

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 04:09
Smedles
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://smedley.info/os2ports.html
since: 12 Jul, 2003
12. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Hi Glenn,

Very good news
As I could not get any drivers for the Intel 2200BG included in my laptop, I bought a "cheap" ( $48 ) cisco 350 on ebay. Not without another bigger investment : the APSoft driver (60euros) so that my PCMCIA (based on TI 6620 ) could work.

hmmm would probably have been possible to hack support for the TI6620 into ibm2ss14.sys by adding the pci id of the TI6620.... willing to try a modified driver?

Regards,

Paul.

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 04:13
Kim
Team member
in staff

13. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Well, if it's not one thing that fails it something else; ie when I finally got the Texas Instruments PCI4510 PC card CardBus Controller to work by using the APSoft Socket Service the next problem was that the LinkSys driver that I tried to kick some life into managed to overwrite parts of the APSoft driver so ended with nothing to work... well, I then got updated driver from Daniela that managed to init the cardbus and freeze the system. To be honest I haven't tried the latest updates since I bought a IBM Wireless mPCI card from eBay and that kicked some serious life into the wireless part of OS2. And as well, for me, that was the prefered solution, using the internal and hidden mPCI. The Dell system came with a Intel 2100 mPCI; so when mentioning the Intel 2100 wireless would this driver also support the Intel 2100? I mean that would be a huge help for lots of users!
Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 10:33
pc
Normal member
in user

14. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Wolfgang, Thanks for posting your reply. I still can't get this driver to work. I have assigned the resources that PCMCIA card services says the adapter has but it still won't get DHCP. I see the card initialize and start broadcasting, but no DHCP. I have all the parameters set up for the wireless such as the ESSID, but no go...

wolfgangx (27 Jan, 2005 00:36):
Hi,
Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 14:48
Kim
Team member
in staff

15. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

pc (27 Jan, 2005 14:4:
Wolfgang, Thanks for posting your reply. I still can't get this driver to work. I have assigned the resources that PCMCIA card services says the adapter has but it still won't get DHCP. I see the card initialize and start broadcasting, but no DHCP. I have all the parameters set up for the wireless such as the ESSID, but no go...

To minimize the problem solving; just try to set the system up with an fixed IP if possible.

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 16:13
Glenn
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.roches-noires.net
16. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Henk (27 Jan, 2005 02:24):

Very good news

Glenn,

here with Intel 2200bg.
It's Willi's baby.

That's interesting... I downloaded the GenMac driver from os2warp.be, but did not manage to get it working. The readme says I have to look when booting at the resources used by the card (as there is a wired Pro/1000 and the cisco in my PC also...), but I never see anything. Also, what did you mean with "NDISWrapper function" ? I did not find any help about this function in the readme. Is there anything else to download to get the win drivers (that I downloaded) working ?

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 18:41
Glenn
Normal member
in user

17. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Smedles (27 Jan, 2005 04:13):
Hi Glenn,

Very good news
As I could not get any drivers for the Intel 2200BG included in my laptop, I bought a "cheap" ( $48 ) cisco 350 on ebay. Not without another bigger investment : the APSoft driver (60euros) so that my PCMCIA (based on TI 6620 ) could work.

hmmm would probably have been possible to hack support for the TI6620 into ibm2ss14.sys by adding the pci id of the TI6620.... willing to try a modified driver?

Regards,

Paul.

hummmmmmmmm why not

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 18:45
Glenn
Normal member
in user

18. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Kim (27 Jan, 2005 16:13):

pc (27 Jan, 2005 14:4:

To minimize the problem solving; just try to set the system up with an fixed IP if possible.

I have the same problem... and fixed IP is impossible, as I use my laptop alternatively at home and at work... Any other idea ?

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 18:47
Kim
Team member
in staff

19. Re:Cisco 350 Wireless drivers

Glenn (27 Jan, 2005 18:47):
I have the same problem... and fixed IP is impossible, as I use my laptop alternatively at home and at work... Any other idea ?

The the suggestion to set the system to use a fixed IP is primary to rule out that it's not the DHCP is the root problem. So just to make sure, set the system to use an internal IP and start of if you can get out at all. From that take it to the next step and kick some life into the DHCP.

Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 19:14
Cisco 350 Wireless drivers
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: