Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Multi card reader
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
kif
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://hjem.tele2adsl.dk/kimfoder
since: 31 Mar, 2004
1. Multi card reader
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi

Has anyone been able to use all (or most) card slots in an usb multi-card reader ?

I have been trying with 6 or 7 different models lately (several of them mentioned on the OS/2-USB site).

On most I can access one slot only, the rest just does not exist.

The usb resource monitor, only see one usb storage device !

Kim

kim@foder.dk

Date: 02 Feb, 2005 on 15:56
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
2. Re:Multi card reader
Hi Kim,

that was the same for me until I noticed that Windoze assigns one drive letter for each slot... so I tried to change a parameter in the appropriate driver line in config.sys.

I can't remember by heart (have no eCS system currently here) but I think it's "/REMOVABLES:n" in the USBMSD driver where you put 5 or 6 or whatever amount of card slots the reader has. (Default is 0 or 1 I think).

So for example make it "/REMOVABLES:6"
(without the quotes of course).

This worked for me - I mean, they don't all show up all the time as drives but they all recognize if a card is inserted and then pop up with a new drive letter.

Good luck.
Thomas

Date: 02 Feb, 2005 on 22:52
kif
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://hjem.tele2adsl.dk/kimfoder
3. Re:Multi card reader
Hi

>So for example make it "/REMOVABLES:6"

Yeah I expected as much, but the only 'disk' I'm able to connect to is the first in the reader, the rest always tells me the disk isn't formatted or is defect !

---
Kim

kim@foder.dk

Date: 15 Feb, 2005 on 12:09
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
4. Re:Multi card reader
Hi Kim,

okay - blame me if you already knew about the following stuff... but:
- have you got a recent kernel and loader?
- have you got recent USB drivers?

If so... then check if you have a USB2.0 bus on your board. If so, check if it is assigned a unique IRQ. Some BIOSes allow for running USB without IRQ however OS/2 drivers don't like that, as I found out some months ago.
But anyway - what type of USB drivers are you using - the IBM ones or those of Chris Wohlgemuth ("cwusb") ?

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 15 Feb, 2005 on 12:16
kif
Normal member
in user

5. Re:Multi card reader
Hi

Sorry, my fault.

I'm using the latest IBM usb and storage drivers.

I'm using usb to connect to my camera, scandisk photomate (or something like that), and my printer without any problems.

When I attach an multi card reader, I can read, write and format the card in one bay, the rest just doesn't exist, not even with "/REMOVABLES:6" or larger !

I havn't checked the interrupt, but I will when I get home.

Thanks

---
Kim

kim@foder.dk

Date: 15 Feb, 2005 on 14:45
Multi card reader
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: