Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Farq
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 28 Dec, 2005
1. Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I recently recieved a copy of OS/2 warp 4 and I have had installation problems on my Dell Dimension 4100 w/ 20GB HD.
1) The system freezes when I attempt to format the FS to HPFS
2) When I try to install using FAT FS, it starts going successfully, but at around 75%, it freezes when trying to install a file on Diskette 2(all this from the CD-ROM) to C:\OS2\BOOT. I do not recall the file and the computer I installed it on is in service today.

Can anybody help? Should I create the 40 disks?

Date: 28 Dec, 2005 on 23:56
Cris
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 20 Nov, 2003
2. Re:Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Hi Farq,
first of all let me say tha it is quite difficult to install Warp4 on current PCs. Keep in mind that it was published in 1996!
Could you please post the specs of your PC?
You may have better luck by downloading the latest free fixpack for OS/2 Warp 4 (don't remember which is... maybe FP15?), and creating an updated insallation CD by using UpdCD ( http://xenia.sote.hu/~kadzsol/rexx/sajat/updcd.htm ).

Hope this helps...
Bye

Cris

Date: 29 Dec, 2005 on 09:12
Cris
Premium member
in user

since: 20 Nov, 2003
3. Re:Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Hi Farq,
there may be a simpler solution.

Look here:

http://www.warpdoctor.org/downloads.html

Bye

Cris

Date: 29 Dec, 2005 on 10:01
Farq
Normal member
in user

since: 28 Dec, 2005
4. Re:Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Hey, thanks a lot, that really helped!
Date: 29 Dec, 2005 on 23:02
Problems installing OS/2 warp 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: