Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
kuyjibo
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 08 Mar, 2006
1. LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi, i'm Rene, i'm testing Os/2 Warp 4 with GNUPG for encryption, i installed gnupg and when i tried to execute gpg.exe sent me LIBC Error: couldn't register process in shared memory!!, i have no idea what's going on, i'm new in OS/2 environment so i don't know what to do, i use LIBC06R1.dll for the execution of the gpg.exe file, i hope that you can help me please.....

Best Regards
Rene.

Date: 08 Mar, 2006 on 21:24
jorejarena
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 18 Oct, 2003
2. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
Have you tried the libc dll from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.0-ga2.zip ?
Date: 08 Mar, 2006 on 23:53
Smedles
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://smedley.info/os2ports.html
since: 12 Jul, 2003
3. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4

jorejarena (08 Mar, 2006 23:53):
Have you tried the libc dll from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.0-ga2.zip ?

This won't help unless the application being used is recompiled with the GA version libc06.

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 03:05
kuyjibo
Normal member
in user

4. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
thanks a lot for your comments guys, i tried to use the libc060ga2 but when i try to run gnupgp sent me the following error the system cannot find the file LIBC06R1, , i think that gnupgp use exclusively that dll, but when i put the dll, sent the error with the shared memory, i don't know what else can i do, anyone can help me?..

Thanks in advance.
Rene

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 21:49
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

since: 10 Aug, 2004
5. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
The file you are looking for is at:

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/libc06r1.zip

Hope this helps

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 23:35
kuyjibo
Normal member
in user

6. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
Sorry guys, but still not working, i tried with the file in the last note and sent me the error LIBC Error : Could not register process in shared memory, any other idea?

Thanks for help
Rene.

Date: 10 Mar, 2006 on 21:38
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
7. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4

kuyjibo (10 Mar, 2006 21:3:
Sorry guys, but still not working, i tried with the file in the last note and sent me the error LIBC Error : Could not register process in shared memory, any other idea?

Thanks for help
Rene.

The only thing I can think of is (and this is only a guess) but could be that the kernel you are using breaks the shared memory support

Date: 11 Mar, 2006 on 02:31
Smedles
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://smedley.info/os2ports.html
since: 12 Jul, 2003
8. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4

Thanks for help
Rene.

There was a problem with older releases of libc in that they were broken on Warp4.

AFAIR patches for this made it into libc06.dll

However, unless the app you want to use is recompiled, it will continue to use libc06r1.dll

Best option is to bug the person who originally ported gnupg to recompile it with libc06.dll

Date: 11 Mar, 2006 on 03:05
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

since: 10 Aug, 2004
9. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
last updated at 11 Mar, 2006 18:36 (1 times)

Thanks for help
Rene.

What kernel are you using? If you're not on either 14.103a_w4 or 14.103a_uni (or 14.104a_uni or 14.104a_w4), you might want to update. (unless you're on an SMP machine, then go for the SMP version) You can find them at:

http://www.os2site.com/sw/upgrades/kernel/index.html

Also, if you check the folder on the FTP site, there are a number of builds of libc06 there, if you want to try and see if any of them will work for you go for it:

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/

But as Paul mentions, your best bet is to probably see if you can get the port recompiled with the latest compiler. Looks like the author's home page is at:

http://www.tobiashuerlimann.de/software/GnuPG/?id=readme&lang=en

Good luck!

Date: 11 Mar, 2006 on 18:29
kuyjibo
Normal member
in user

10. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
thanks for everything guys, i have OS/2 Warp 4, nothing more, i found that i need Fixpack 13, i'm running os/2 in a Virtual Pc, on an AMD Athlon Pc, so anyone knows where can i get the fix pack 13?, i put the command ver in os/2 prompt and sent me Os/2 Version 4

Thanks a lot for your help
Rene.

Date: 15 Mar, 2006 on 06:22
tex
Normal member
in user

since: 25 Jul, 2003
11. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4

kuyjibo (15 Mar, 2006 06:22):
thanks for everything guys, i have OS/2 Warp 4, nothing more, i found that i need Fixpack 13, i'm running os/2 in a Virtual Pc, on an AMD Athlon Pc, so anyone knows where can i get the fix pack 13?, i put the command ver in os/2 prompt and sent me Os/2 Version 4

Thanks a lot for your help
Rene.

Even better, you can download fixpack 15.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/patches/fixpack/warp_4/fp15.zip

David

Date: 15 Mar, 2006 on 06:56
kuyjibo
Normal member
in user

12. Re:LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
hi guys, i have to tell you that the fix pack works fine, now i have another problem, it seems to be that i don't have enough rights to create a directory with gnupg, anyone knows how to review user permissions?, thanks in advance.

Rene.

Date: 20 Mar, 2006 on 16:47
LIBC Error on OS/2 Warp 4
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: