Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Question has anyone tried to create the set of installations diskettes for eCS v1.2 using Windows XP? From what I can tell when using makedisk.bat it won't work at all! Reason for trying this out was that I got a request from an user that trouble to create the the installation diskettes and wasn't able. My simple question is then how can this be missed out and how would a Windows XP user that wants to install eCS and for some reason needs the installation diskettes how would this user proceed?

Solution here is that I will send this user a set of installations diskettes so he can get started with a proper installation.

Date: 05 Apr, 2006 on 08:38
melf
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
2. Re:Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
Hello Kim!

I was trying it out now. Result for me is that it makes diskette #2,with following files: BOOT_UPD and ECSDISK2.PF and then no more.

---
/Mikael

Date: 05 Apr, 2006 on 10:14
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
3. Re:Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
last updated at 05 Apr, 2006 14:50 (1 times)
Then it's the same error as I got.... just making the first disk or try to since it complaints about it's not a 2MB diskette.
Date: 05 Apr, 2006 on 14:48
RobertM
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Aug, 2004
4. Re:Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
Is it possible that disk 2 on is using the XDF format? If so, that could be the problem.
Date: 05 Apr, 2006 on 19:46
Kim
Team member
in staff

5. Re:Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
last updated at 05 Apr, 2006 21:23 (1 times)
Guess so; but I've earlier created OS2 installation diskettes from Windows and disk1 and disk2 usually are xdf format and was never a problem earlier.
Date: 05 Apr, 2006 on 21:23
Creating eCS v1.2 installations diskettes from Windows XP
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: