Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Chipset 945
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Manuel
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 08 Apr, 2006
1. Chipset 945
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi
I am trying to run OS/2 Warp in HP desktop DC 7600 with a intel 945 chipset and sata drives, the O/S just freeze.

Any help?

Thanks

Date: 08 Apr, 2006 on 15:43
Pete
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Aug, 2003
2. Re:Chipset 945

Manuel (08 Apr, 2006 15:43):
Hi
I am trying to run OS/2 Warp in HP desktop DC 7600 with a intel 945 chipset and sata drives, the O/S just freeze.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi Manuel

Did see something about installing to an Intel 945 board in comp.os.os2.setup.misc newsgroup
and think that the resolution was to disable onboard sound and network chipsets.

You may want to look for the thread
MCP2 on Intel 945 Mobo advice?
in the above newsgroup.

You do not say what Warp4 fixpack level you have installed but I think it would have to be fairly recent.

You would need current danis506.add IDE driver for SATA support - in fact you would probably need to make sure that all relevant drivers are as current as possible.

Regards

Pete

Date: 08 Apr, 2006 on 16:11
Manuel
Normal member
in user

since: 08 Apr, 2006
3. Re:Chipset 945
Thanks Pete

I will try

I will let you know what happens

Date: 09 Apr, 2006 on 20:06
Chipset 945
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: