Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Installing VisualAge C++ v3.0 under eCS
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Shadallark
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://homepage.usask.ca/tjl128/
since: 13 Nov, 2002
1. Installing VisualAge C++ v3.0 under eCS
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hello everyone;

about a month ago I managed to get VisualAge C++ to install on my eCS machine. Unfortunately at the time the machine was having a problem where it had created five copies of the desktop and was randomly choosing which one it wanted to boot to. Therefore recently I reinstalled eCS and have applied most of the fixpacks. But now, when I go to install VA C++ it starts the install program (defaults to directories on a hard drive I do not have d: which I change to F:\software where I want it to go) and then stops saying that it cannot create icons on my desktop and therefore is stopping the installation process.

The only fixpacks that I have found for VA C++ v3.0 require you to have the program already installed.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to get VA C++ to install?

Shadallark

(aka FurFuznel)

"Mental anguish is for those who choose to think!" - FurFuznel
Date: 30 Nov, 2002 on 00:47
Installing VisualAge C++ v3.0 under eCS
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: