Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
God
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Dec, 2002
1. Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I can install OS/2 on a 6.4Gb Cel 466Mhz 256 Mb machine with 1 partition HPFS. I did have to use the newest IDE driver to see the hard drive.

Now that its installed, I reboot but nothing happens, i don't even receive the "OS/2" white thing in the corner. Its almost like the PC cannot recognize or see the bootable partition. This PC had XP on it a week earlier so I know its in good cond.

Any ideas where i can start, thanks.

Date: 16 Dec, 2002 on 02:39
Achimi
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Dec, 2002
2. Re:Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
Do you have the bootmanager partition active. Test it with a Dos-Disk with fdisk: show partition Data. If not set it to actice. Did you have Windows on the HD before and if yes, what did you do with that ?

Achimi

Date: 16 Dec, 2002 on 16:31
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
3. Re:Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
Was the hard drive/partition marked 'bootable' while in fdisk?
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 16 Dec, 2002 on 17:06
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
When you updated the installations disks, did you also add following line:

set copyfromfloppy=yes

If not the new driver won't be copied into the harddrive and you'll be using the original driver from the installation CD.

/Kim

Date: 17 Dec, 2002 on 23:40
Can Install OS/2 but OS/2 will not boot of the HD
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: