Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Add W98 boot partition to BootMananger (LVM): Not?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
1. Add W98 boot partition to BootMananger (LVM): Not?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

My MCP system is running fine but there are some heavy problems with DVD playback. I now wanted to check if my DVDrom drive causes the same troubles under windoze too...
So I found a 2GB free spot on my hard disk to be suitable to run a win98 se.
I used windoze's fdisk to create a primary dos partition, made it the active on and went for windoze - everyhting was okay. Windoze booting and so on...
Now I decided to make the DOS "active partition" again be the boot manager. This worked as expected. The boot manager came up and I ran MCP, startet LVM and then tried to add the w98 partition to the boot manager...: GRIPES!
First I told it to create a "boot volume" (not an LVM/compat.) and this is where it won't work. The target partition is recognized as FAT32 primary... any idea WHAT to do to get the d**n w98 partition be part of boot manager?
(Do I need FAT32.IFS to make it work??)

Thanks all!
Thomas

Date: 12 Mar, 2003 on 20:54
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
2. Re:Add W98 boot partition to BootMananger (LVM): Not?
Hi,

in reply to my onw posting: Done!
I simply got rid of OS/2 Bootmanager and am now proudly using Martin Kiewitz' AiRBoot - great! Saves me 7 Megs as well.

Thomas

Date: 13 Mar, 2003 on 10:34
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:Add W98 boot partition to BootMananger (LVM): Not?
Abnd you're able to have an extra primary partition as well. So Air boot is the bootmanager to be used. It rocks!

/Kim

Date: 01 Apr, 2003 on 10:42
Add W98 boot partition to BootMananger (LVM): Not?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: