Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Scsi CD help
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
~Von
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 30 Jun, 2003
1. Scsi CD help
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hello,

I was able to get Warp4 installed using and ide cd-rom drive haning outside of my case. Now that I have the os installed, I'd like to drop the ide cd drive and use the 2 scsi cd drives (plextor cdrw and pioneer dvd) that are already in the case. These scsi cd drives are attached to my Asus p2-bs mobo that has on-board adaptec 2940u2w scsi. I know that the os is seeing the scsi card as it is installed on an lvd scsi drive. Could someone let me know how to get warp4 to see the cd drives on the wide connector?

Many thanks!

~Von

ps i downloaded the adaptect 7800fam.exe dd from the ibm dd site however i don't think that this is necessary....??

Date: 30 Jun, 2003 on 07:42
icebear
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jun, 2001
2. Re:Of course ...
... your system needs a SCSI adapter driver !!!

However SCSI basically is supported,
you need to tell the system that you are that specific Adaptec AHA-2940 unit and need to provide its drivers and the according entry in the CONFIG.SYS !!

After recognizing this SCSI-Addapter the Plextor, like here, will be identified without any problems !

I assume your 2nd unit too

Date: 30 Jun, 2003 on 16:48
TimC
Normal member
in user

since: 21 Feb, 2003
3. Re:Scsi CD help
Go to adaptec.com, click on the Support tab, click on SCSI Host Adapters from the menu, and then click on AHA2940U2W. That'll get you to all the info and drivers you need.
Date: 30 Jun, 2003 on 19:06
~Von
Normal member
in user

since: 30 Jun, 2003
4. Re:Scsi CD help
I used the abovementioned file and I now see both scsi cd drives. Thank you for the input!
Date: 01 Jul, 2003 on 00:10
Scsi CD help
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: