Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Ati AIW Pro 8mb Agp2x Driver install issue
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
~Von
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 30 Jun, 2003
1. Ati AIW Pro 8mb Agp2x Driver install issue
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I am having trouble getting my os/2 ati drivers to load under warp4/fp15. The original install cd contains os/2 drivers for w3/4 that run off of 2 disks. Its install program copies the needed files to c:\mach_os2 then gives the instructions to run "dspinstl" from an os2 prompt and point to the mach_os2 folder for the install files. this install keeps getting hung up and throwing an error message something to the tune of can't find a monitor *.dsp and will not continue. I search in the mach_os2 folder and there are 2 *.dsp files but neither work. I tried copying the only other (2) *.dsp files that I could find on the system (vga.dsp and something like vga*cfl.dsp) into the same dir but the install still chokes.

Any ideas on how to get the display driver installed so I have something more than 640.480.16?

Many thanks!

Date: 01 Jul, 2003 on 09:50
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Ati AIW Pro 8mb Agp2x Driver install issue
Suggestion would be to use the SciTech Display drivers instead if you can't get the included to work proper.

/Kim

Date: 01 Jul, 2003 on 17:01
~Von
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 30 Jun, 2003
3. Re:Ati AIW Pro 8mb Agp2x Driver install issue
I played around with the SciTech Snap dirver and it worked fine however I was not jazzed about paying $40 for a working copy. In reading about Snap it lead me to the GRADD driver which I just installed and is working perfectly at hi-res and very large. Cool!
Date: 02 Jul, 2003 on 07:16
Ati AIW Pro 8mb Agp2x Driver install issue
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: