Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Reading the documentation for SDD it's mentioned that widescreens are supported and couple of resolutions are mentioned. But, does this also include 1680 x 1050?
Date: 26 Mar, 2004 on 20:20
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
2. Re:Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
If you have the registered version of SDD or SNAP, the "gamode" command can be used to create your own resolutions.
David
Date: 29 Mar, 2004 on 02:19
Robert_L
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Mar, 2004
3. Re:Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
For CRT or analog TFT screens you can create almost any resolution using SDD/SNAP registered version. But for digital TFT or builtin notebook screen only a limited number of standard 4:3 resolutions are supported. This is a pity, as widescreeen notebooks are not so uncommon nowadays.
Date: 29 Mar, 2004 on 10:06
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
4. Re:Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
last updated at 29 Mar, 2004 16:01 (1 times)
In my case it the later that I want to try out OS2 on a Dell Inspiron 8600 that has a 15.4" widescreen using nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 with 64MB. As for now it would mean that I'm only able to run 4:3 mode, I can live with that for a while. But, as mentioned more and more laptops are using some kind of widescreens so would be nice to see if SDD could be included with proper support for this.
Date: 29 Mar, 2004 on 12:26
Kim
Team member
in staff

5. Re:Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
last updated at 30 Mar, 2004 08:56 (1 times)
Well, so far I'm amazed about how well the installation of OS2 MCP2 on this Dell system. Booting the the installation CD gave no problem at all and the entire installation went on very well. Only issue was that I installed wrong BroadCom NIC drivers so I just have to find the proper one... and have some hope that the NIC is supported by OS2. Usually the BroadCom have had a very broad ndis drivers support... but not this time.

Over to the gfx this went on better than I could hope. Installing the latest SNAP was no problem at all. Ok, no accelleration of the gfx chip but I can live with that. The screen resolution supported was up to 1400 x 1050 pixels on the widescreen. So it almost looks perfect! So so far a success installing OS2 on the Dell.

Date: 30 Mar, 2004 on 08:29
Does SDD support 1680 x 1050 resolution
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: