Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
SDD Help Missing?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. SDD Help Missing?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I installed eComStation onto my desktop (it was a 'no looking back' installation since I had to reformat the c: drive [two partitions on the hard drive - c: 2 gig and d: 17 gig] plus I had removed the boot manager - since I have only one OS on it anyway). I was able to install eComStation. There was not any sound but SDD was loaded from the eCS disc 1 (which seem to work well). I loaded a couple of other programs (WarpZip, the dialer for ATTGlobalNetwork - my isp, couple of others). I tried the universal audio drive but it did not work properly. There were several reboots without a problem. Multimedia was loaded and seemed to work but without sound. After a few reboots, it stops booting with a message of not finding the SDD Help (? - IIRC but I will check again tonight when I retry it). Any help will be appreciated. I altered the config.sys but had not tried it since it was late.

My computer has an;
AMD Athlon 700 mhz cpu
20 gig hard drive (two partitions)
256 meg ram
SiS video chipset (IIRC)
Crystal audio chipset (IIRC) which worked with Warp ver 4 using
the uniaud driver.

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 06 Apr, 2004 on 18:09
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
since: 04 Feb, 2004
2. Re:SDD Help Missing?
Be sure this in in your CONFIG.SYS
DEVICE=x:\OS2\SDDHELP.SYS
Or maybe
DEVICE=x:\OS2\BOOT\SDDHELP.SYS
and make sure this driver is present in either of those directories.
(the same dir as is pointed to in your config.sys.. of course)
It could also be in Ecs\Boot?
Or in the SDD dir..
The best thing is to search for SDDHELP.SYS on your drive and create or adjust your config.sys cq copy the driver..
I hope this is the problem..
Chris.
Date: 06 Apr, 2004 on 18:37
Radek
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
3. Re:SDD Help Missing?
1. OS2/BOOT, the ECS directory does not contain the operating system. The whole operating system is in the OS2 dir.
2. There are problems with uniaudio. For example, I am experiencing roaring .wav and whispering CD. I suspect the motherboard and, perhaps, the processor (in my case, K7N2 Delta-L and Athlon 2200+). I am using SB Live 512.
Date: 06 Apr, 2004 on 18:53
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
4. Re:SDD Help Missing?
I will check the config.sys files. I have the utility diskettes from Warp ver 4.

When it did work (the first couple of reboots was okay), the sound was either non-existant or made odd sounds. It worked with the audio chipset with Warp ver 4 (better than the audio driver that was for this soundchip from the company that made it).

I did try re-installing it with generic instead of the SDD drivers for the video. It installed okay. I installed the SDD that I had bought and used with Warp ver 4. It was getting late and I was not able to check it to see if it works. I tried to 'register' it (using the register.exe in the SDD directory) but it would not work. I will be trying it tonight to all goes well. Thank you for the assistance and the information. It is appreciated.

BigWarpGuy
Date: 07 Apr, 2004 on 18:09
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

5. Re:SDD Help Missing?
SDD did work but I crashed my computer and it refuses to boot since I tried the SIO driver that I had bought/registered/installed. I have to try to rem them out using the the utility diskettes that I had from Warp ver 4.
BigWarpGuy
Date: 08 Apr, 2004 on 18:17
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

6. Re:SDD Help Missing?
I remmed out the 'older' SIO lines in config.sys and it works great. I loaded drivers/programs from cd2. I have sound and I am connected to my USB Canon S300 printer. I am very happy with eCS.
BigWarpGuy
Date: 12 Apr, 2004 on 16:55
SDD Help Missing?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: