Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Printer Drivers
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
CrAzY-C
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 08 Aug, 2002
1. Printer Drivers
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I need to hook up a printer to a workstation that uses OS/2 3.0 in the lab I work in. The computer is an older Pentium 133mhz, and would like to hook up a printer to its parallel slot. I have an older Canon, and a Lexmark Z32 printer that I can hook up to it. My quesion, does OS/2 support.. like.. Win 95 drivers? Or do they have to be SPECIFICALLY for OS/2 ? I haven't seen any drivers that say specifically for OS/2.

Thanks,
Chris

Date: 08 Aug, 2002 on 20:14
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Printer Drivers
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Yes, you need specific drivers for OS2 and if the printer is a WinPrinter, ie dump printer using windows as a printer engine then you won't get it to print from OS2. If it not a win printer you might be more lucky.I would recommend you to take a look at IBM Device Driver Pak, click here. to get there.

I don't know how lucky you'll be with the Z32 printer but the Canon you should get to work. Even if you don't find a 100% matching driver you usually can choose the closest matching one.

/Kim

Date: 08 Aug, 2002 on 20:26
Printer Drivers
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: