Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Brian B.
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 May, 2004
1. new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I am fairly new to os/2. I am trying to install on one of several systems we use to test software and hardware.

The issue is the one where I need to replace the ide drivers with the danis ones...and I have done so. But in the instructions I am suppose to add a line to the config.sys. when I try to open the config.sys...it looks like it is in Hex code.

Is there a special way to edit the config.sys. Remember I do not have os/2 installed yet.

Date: 25 May, 2004 on 20:37
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
From an OS2 system you can either use the tedit.exe cli based editor or the wps based e.exe editor to edit the config.sys. If you make the changes from a windows system the normal notepad should do the trick.
Date: 25 May, 2004 on 21:02
Brian B.
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
3. Re:new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
like i said when i open it in notepat it looks like it is in hex or something i will attach the config.sys file
Date: 25 May, 2004 on 21:16 Attachment: CONFIG.SYS
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
Well, this is not the os2 config.sys since if you check out what is says in the start of the file:

This program cannot be run in a DOS session

So what you got there is not the config.sys. If you currently trying to install os2 I would suggest that you re-creates the installations diskettes from the CD.

Date: 25 May, 2004 on 22:30
Brian B.
Normal member
in user

5. Re:new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
ok i will do that.

That file came off of the diskette 1 of the 3 install disks

one is labeled installation
one is labeled diskette 1
one is labeled diskette 2

these came shrinkwraped with the CD's from IBM. I am not sure what happened..but making the installation diskettes again sounds like good advice. Thanks

Date: 25 May, 2004 on 23:51
new installation OS/2 Warp 4 issues
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: