Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
truong
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 20 Aug, 2004
1. How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have a hard disk that install OS2 ver 3 ( That harddisk devided with a primary for OS2 ver 3 system and a logical harddisk for data ). After install OS2 ver4 I only access primary harddisk and i can't access logical hard disk to use my old data. if i use Pqmagic i still see logical harddisk. How can i do to access the logical harddisk and use my old Data ?
Thank for help !
Date: 23 Aug, 2004 on 16:37
dljone9
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 13 Jan, 2003
2. Re:How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
When you say OS/2 version 3 - do you mean Warp Server?? If the
logical drive was formatted with HPFS386...then you won't be
able to access the drive unless you add HPFS386 functionality to
OS/2 Warp 4 (hich is not too difficult to do).

Do you mean the logical data partition does not show up at all
in the OS/2 v4 FDISK menu??

Date: 23 Aug, 2004 on 16:58
truong
Normal member
in user

3. Re:How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
Thank for help. My old disk didn't install HPHF386 because i tried installing it but i can't access my logical driver. My coputer is a recorder and it is a client. While i use FDISK in advance install i can see logical driver in FS type. I used ghost 8.2 to clone disk and installed in that disk. If i use fdisk for logical driver i can't access that driver but all old data disappear. How can i recorver old data? Os2 ver 3 now haven't operated. What i can try in orderto access my logical driver to use old data ? Help me if you can because i try all my best.
Please answer me as soon as possible. Thank for help ?
Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 04:26
dljone9
Premium member
in user

4. Re:How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
I have to admit, I am not quite following you here - so any advice I give
might be incorrect. But - if you can boot from floppies and see your
logical drive (and the data on it), then perhaps you could use zip.exe
to zip up the partition into a single file (placed on the boot partition).
Then boot up to your primary partition, delete the logical partition - and
recreate it/format it using your current installation of Warp 4 - then
use unzip.exe to return the data to the newly created logical partition.

truong (31 Aug, 2004 04:26):
Thank for help. My old disk didn't install HPHF386 because i tried installing it but i can't access my logical driver. My coputer is a recorder and it is a client. While i use FDISK in advance install i can see logical driver in FS type. I used ghost 8.2 to clone disk and installed in that disk. If i use fdisk for logical driver i can't access that driver but all old data disappear. How can i recorver old data? Os2 ver 3 now haven't operated. What i can try in orderto access my logical driver to use old data ? Help me if you can because i try all my best.
Please answer me as soon as possible. Thank for help ?
Date: 01 Sep, 2004 on 00:17
truong
Normal member
in user

5. Re:How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
Thanks.
How can i zip logical partion ? I can recognize it in operation system even if in DOS, or win. which program i can use to zip logical partion so that i can unzip it after format logical partition ?
Nice day to you.
Date: 04 Sep, 2004 on 07:56
dljone9
Premium member
in user

6. Re:How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?

truong (04 Sep, 2004 07:56):
Thanks.
How can i zip logical partion ? I can recognize it in operation system even if in DOS, or win. which program i can use to zip logical partion so that i can unzip it after format logical partition ?
Nice day to you.

Sure thing - here is a good discussion of exactly how to pull this off:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pkzip+zip+unzip+OS/2+primer&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=77u829$86u$1@coranto.ucs.mun.ca&rnum=1

The version of unzip.exe you want to use is found here on the hobbes NMSU repositroy:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/archiver/uzs550x2.exe

And as for the zip.exe that is discussed in the above mentioned usenet
posting, look here for details and downloads:

http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html

Date: 05 Sep, 2004 on 00:44
How can i access my logical driver after install OS2 Ver4 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: