Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
ghelfrich
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Feb, 2003
1. 'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have an internal SCSI Microtech Card Reader PCD-47b that I purchased several years ago. It has been installed in my eCS v1.0 machine for these last several years. It is attached to an Adaptec 2940 SCSI contoller card. After I would insert a memory card into the reader, I would click on 'Refresh Removable Media' and a new drive icon would appear. This has been working successfully for me on this eCS v1.0 machine.
Last week, I removed this Card Reader from this machine, and installed it into an eCS v1.1 machine. It is also attached to an Adaptec 2940 SCSI contoller card. However, when I insert the same memory card and click on 'Refresh Removable Media', the memory card is not recognized and a drive icon does not appear.

I have tried quite a few things to resolve the issue, and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have run out of ideas. Help !!!!

Date: 09 Nov, 2004 on 21:17
cytan
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Dec, 2003
2. Re:'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1
I just installed Ecomstation 1.2 on my laptop (with no SCSI obviously) and refresh removable media also did not work. However, by removing all references to PCMCIA storage devices and reinstalling, refresh removable media worked again.

You might want to see if you can
CAREFULLY (with backups of course) copy lines from your 1.0 config.sys to 1.1 config.sys and see if you can get to the bottom of the problem.

Date: 09 Nov, 2004 on 22:14
ghelfrich
Normal member
in user

since: 10 Feb, 2003
3. Re:'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1
Thanks for the info. That gave me something to think about. I had not thought about the possible ordering of entries in config.sys, which supposedly should not matter in this case, but I will check and order them on the eCS v1.1 machine to be the same on the eCS v1.0 machine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and give me your experiences.

Date: 10 Nov, 2004 on 15:57
jer
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://os2warpirc.qualitycarpetcare.us
since: 20 Dec, 2003
4. Re:'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1

ghelfrich (09 Nov, 2004 21:17):
I have an internal SCSI Microtech Card Reader PCD-47b that I purchased several years ago. It has been installed in my eCS v1.0 machine for these last several years. It is attached to an Adaptec 2940 SCSI contoller card. After I would insert a memory card into the reader, I would click on 'Refresh Removable Media' and a new drive icon would appear. This has been working successfully for me on this eCS v1.0 machine.
Last week, I removed this Card Reader from this machine, and installed it into an eCS v1.1 machine. It is also attached to an Adaptec 2940 SCSI contoller card. However, when I insert the same memory card and click on 'Refresh Removable Media', the memory card is not recognized and a drive icon does not appear.

I have tried quite a few things to resolve the issue, and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have run out of ideas. Help !!!!

I believe you need to use the backlevel Adaptec SCSI driver that came with eCS 1.0 (the newer one has some bugs..the one that shipped with eCS 1.1). Also make sure you have the SCSI Filter installed(It is available on the ecomstation site in the drivers download section..its called scsiflt.exe I believe).

Regards,
Jeramie Samphere
Operating Manager, www.os2irc.org

Date: 11 Nov, 2004 on 09:36
'Refresh Removable Media' Not Working for SCSI Microtech Card Reader on eCS 1.1
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: