Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
os2 install on MS virtual pc
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
bhill
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Nov, 2004
1. os2 install on MS virtual pc
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Trying to install os2 warp on a MS virtual pc and after second install disk I get the error message "sys0039 The Device C: is not ready". After which the only option is to terminate the installation Anyone seen this problem and have a fix for it.
Date: 17 Nov, 2004 on 23:43
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:os2 install on MS virtual pc
Curious, but what version was it of OS/2 Warp - version 3,4 or MCP1/MCP2 ?
Date: 18 Nov, 2004 on 11:35
bhill
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
3. Re:os2 install on MS virtual pc
I'm using version OS/2 Warp version 4. I'm also using updated install disks that I found on the IBM web site. I have tried both the standard virtual disk (expanding) and fixed size virtual disk (allocatted physical disk space), but still get the same error.
Date: 18 Nov, 2004 on 16:42
cyberspittle
Premium member
in user

since: 09 Dec, 2002
4. Re:os2 install on MS virtual pc
Maybe check out the article on www.os2voice.org. They have a review with screen shots.
Date: 18 Nov, 2004 on 20:08
bhill
Normal member
in user

5. Re:os2 install on MS virtual pc
thanks I checked the site and there was some good info there. But they installed OS/2 from an iso image while I was trying to install a fresh copy from install disks and the CD. After trying somethings, I did find that if I pressed <alt-f1> on the install and went to the command prompt and created a partition, I could then restart the install process and OS/2 installed with no issues. Thanks for your responses
Date: 19 Nov, 2004 on 00:42
os2 install on MS virtual pc
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: