Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Installing VoiceType Dictation on WSeB?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
RobertM
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Aug, 2004
1. Installing VoiceType Dictation on WSeB?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Does anyone know if it is possible to install VoiceType Dictation on Warp Server for eBusiness (CP2 PostFix)? I have both the WSeB disks and Warp 4 disks (seems the most likely source for VTD). My other concern is the VTD DLLs that come with the IBM Toolkit in WSeB (it's updated since Warp 4's VTD - should it be backleveled to Warp 4's or should I ensure that VTD is using the new DLLs after install)?

Also, is there a way of getting concurrent VTD use and Audio out? Does that require a second sound card or just one that has drivers that support Full Duplex usage? (I've got some version of the IBM Business Audio Crystal based sound - whichever comes on an IBM Thinkpad 600).

Thanks for any help...

- Rob

Date: 05 Jan, 2005 on 20:19
mike
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2usr.org/os2sound.html
since: 15 May, 2003
2. Re:Installing VoiceType Dictation on WSeB?

RobertM (05 Jan, 2005 20:19):
Does anyone know if it is possible to install VoiceType Dictation on Warp Server for eBusiness (CP2 PostFix)? I have both the WSeB disks and Warp 4 disks (seems the most likely source for VTD). My other concern is the VTD DLLs that come with the IBM Toolkit in WSeB (it's updated since Warp 4's VTD - should it be backleveled to Warp 4's or should I ensure that VTD is using the new DLLs after install)?

just follow the instructions given here:

http://www.os2usr.org/vt45.html

If you have XWorkplace installed you may have to adjust some settings (classes) to get the dictation window (or similar) to work.

Also, is there a way of getting concurrent VTD use and Audio out? Does that require a second sound card or just one that has drivers that support Full Duplex usage? (I've got some version of the IBM Business Audio Crystal based sound - whichever comes on an IBM Thinkpad 600).

I think that just VTD sound will work not both at the same time, the crystal drivers are very limited. Good Luck !

mike

Date: 06 Jan, 2005 on 14:12
RobertM
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Aug, 2004
3. Re:Installing VoiceType Dictation on WSeB?
Hi Mike!

My thanks... will give it a try and see what I get... Kinda afraid the combination of an old Thinkpad 600, CrystalAudio (for Thinkpad) Drivers, IBM OS/2 Toolkit and the VTD Subsystem may still hose my chances, but I'm hoping. Got some Win friends who still can't believe it works, much less on such "antiquated" hardware, much less on Warp which some are just realizing is more capable.

Anyway, thanks much for the info,

- Rob

Date: 11 Jan, 2005 on 03:50
Installing VoiceType Dictation on WSeB?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: