Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
zizban
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 24 Feb, 2005
1. cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I am getting an error during installation. My system:

Pentium III/500
640 megs of RAM
3dfx voodoo3 AGP card
40 Gig drive.

eCS will be the only system on this pc. The installation starts, I set up partitions, networking, etc and when I begin the installation, a box pops up and says:

"Installation: cmd.exe error -40"

I hit OK and the installation restarts. I can't get past this.

Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 16:57
DavidG
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 04 Apr, 2004
2. Re:cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Check to see if the label on the CDROM is

ECS_CDRUN

If the CDROM has no label or is not labeled as above, it can give that -40 error.

How was the disk made? Did you burn it yourself or did it come by delivery?

Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 18:11
zizban
Normal member
in user

3. Re:cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Its labeled ECS_CD1 RUN.

Its a story, but I just moved to another continent and to save expense I kept a lot of stuff at home. I did backup my eCS 1.1 CD and now I have burned it to install (I'm not pirating, I have a license, etc).

Can I just change the name of the CD or do I need to get the real deal from back home?

Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 18:29
Radek
Premium member
in user

since: 17 Jul, 2003
4. Re:cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
It depends on the CD. If it is CDRW and you have a sufficiently intelligent burning tools then you should be able to change the label of the CD to the right one. If it is not the case, then you will need to make another copy of the original CD, now with the right label.
If, for some reason, the original CD isn't reachable right now, then you can try to make an ISO image of your current CD on your HD, change the label, and create a new CD from the patched ISO image.
Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 18:47
zizban
Normal member
in user

5. Re:cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Thanks all. I try these ideas.

BTW I am living in Taiwan for six months and the authorities here don't like computer euipment being brought in unless your a businessman setting up shop or you have filled out about 3 dozen (no kidding) pages of import docs.

Worse comes to worse, I'll have my sister mail me my CDs.

Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 19:09
DavidG
Normal member
in user

since: 04 Apr, 2004
6. Re:cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1

zizban (24 Feb, 2005 18:29):
Its labeled ECS_CD1 RUN.

Its a story, but I just moved to another continent and to save expense I kept a lot of stuff at home. I did backup my eCS 1.1 CD and now I have burned it to install (I'm not pirating, I have a license, etc).

Can I just change the name of the CD or do I need to get the real deal from back home?

It might be easier to download the image from the ecomstation site. I just checked and the 1.1 images are still listed in the software download section. Burning the newly downloaded image should give you the correct CD label.

David

Date: 24 Feb, 2005 on 21:08
cmd.exe error during install of eCS 1.1
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: