Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
USB Floppy
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Andyct5
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 03 Mar, 2005
1. USB Floppy
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have a laptop with no floppy drive except a usb, The problem is the system stops on the 2nd installation disk as it knocks out the usb floppy drive. Is there a way around this for installation
Date: 03 Mar, 2005 on 23:27
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
2. Re:USB Floppy
How about booting from the CD-ROM? Which version of OS/2 are you installing?

Stuart

Date: 04 Mar, 2005 on 09:24
Andyct5
Normal member
in user

since: 03 Mar, 2005
3. Re:USB Floppy
I am using version Warp version 4 i have been trying to find a boot cd for this load.

Andy

Date: 04 Mar, 2005 on 12:17
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

since: 26 Nov, 2002
4. Re:USB Floppy

Andyct5 (04 Mar, 2005 12:17):
I am using version Warp version 4 i have been trying to find a boot cd for this load.
Andy

Andy,

Warp 4 (at least the GA package) is not bootable from CD. This means, you'll either need to make install floppies or modify those you have to include a driver for the USB floppy. Unfortunately, Warp4 lacks major enhancements to the kernel and loader files in order to be able to deal with USB devices like this... what machine are we talking about - maybe an IBM Thinkpad? That could ease the situation a little.

As far as I remember, Warp4 still supports install via network, which means that you could prepare boot disks that make a connection to a different machine that holds the CD... but this requires you to have another running Warp machine...

The ideal solution to this would be to get yourself the Merlin Convenince Package ("MCP") of Warp4 - this CD is a bootable one. Maybe someone else here has more experience or a better approach...

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 04 Mar, 2005 on 14:10
USB Floppy
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: