Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
WTF is PMWP?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
DaddyWarlock
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Mar, 2005
1. WTF is PMWP?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I recently decided to reinstall Warp 4 on my ThinkPad 560, using a Backpack CD-ROM drive. After a few false starts, I was able to correctly modify Diskette 1 and get the first phase of the installation to run.

My problem happens when the laptop reboots after Phase 1 ends. I've copied the Backpack driver (bpcdos2.add) to the root of the installation drive, so the machine finds the CD-ROM without any trouble, but I rapidly get an error message saying it can't find the file PMWP referred to in PROTSHELL. Well, I checked PROTSHELL in CONFIG.SYS and it calls PMSHELL. I searched the CD for PMWP, found one file and copied it into the PATH, but still no joy. Any suggestions?

Ken Wright

Date: 16 Mar, 2005 on 21:42
kb0uov
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 03 Jun, 2004
2. Re:WTF is PMWP?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I would assume the file it can't find is pmwp.dll which should be in the os2/dll directory. I'm sure its called from pmshell.exe Its possible that the config.sys is messed up or corrupted and the os2/dll directory isn't included in the libpath line of config.sys. What ext does the file that you copied from the cd have?
Date: 17 Mar, 2005 on 03:30
WTF is PMWP?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: