Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
GSValore
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Mar, 2005
1. OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I'm attempting to install OS/2 Warp 4.52 in a running copy of QEMU on my Linux box. I use the CVS sources but tried the 'stable' release (0.6.1) as well. When booting off CD or from the installation disks it hangs when trying to load IBM1FLPY.ADD. If it manages to bypass that driver, it refuses to accept keyboard input for the next disk. (Most cases it hangs). Would anyone happen to have any idea how I might be able to install OS/2 in QEMU? I have tried an updated IBM1FLPY.ADD I found and still no luck. Any possible help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a 1G qcow image for QEMU. Also the command I use to invoke it is:
qemu -m 64 -monitor stdio -enable-audio -hda ./os2.img -cdrom /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 -boot d
I have also tried without -enable-audio but as expected that has nothing to do with the problem.

Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 02:32
sXwamp
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Oct, 2004
2. Re:OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
Try the orginal warp 4. Seems to work
Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 02:56
user_ecs
Normal member
in user

since: 25 Feb, 2005
3. Re:OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
last updated at 26 Mar, 2005 15:28 (4 times)

GSValore (25 Mar, 2005 02:32):
I'm attempting to install OS/2 Warp 4.52 in a running copy of QEMU on my Linux box. I use the CVS sources but tried the 'stable' release (0.6.1) as well. When booting off CD or from the installation disks it hangs when trying to load IBM1FLPY.ADD. If it manages to bypass that driver, it refuses to accept keyboard input for the next disk. (Most cases it hangs).

When it asks for the diskette are you switching to the QEMU console to issue a eject and change commands?

Use "Ctrl+Alt+2" to get to QEMU console

Try copying the diskette images from the OS/2 cd to the Linux system and then using the "-boot a -fda xxx.dsk" parms on the QEMU line to boot from diskette image.

GSValore (25 Mar, 2005 02:32):
Would anyone happen to have any idea how I might be able to install OS/2 in QEMU?

So far I had to install using Warp4, create a second image, then restore/unzip a previously installed OS/2 MCP2.

I have problems with images greater than 500MB, IDE driver loading, networking.

Warp4 and ms win98/2k/xp runs in QEMU so running MCP2 must be possible.

I found QEMU itself to be very stable and run the guest OSes very effeciently.

Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 19:55
GSValore
Normal member
in user

since: 25 Mar, 2005
4. Re:OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
I tried diskette install as well as CD install with no luck. the -monitor stdio commandline for QEMU gives me the console in my xterm to access directly without having to use any keysequences unless in full screen. Even on the floppy install the IBM1FLPY.ADD still locks up the install. QEMU I know is quite stable because I installed another guest OS in it, runs quite well too.
Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 23:32
OS/2 Warp 4.52 Troubles in QEMU
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: