Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
InnoTek Runtime Issue
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Gene
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Apr, 2005
1. InnoTek Runtime Issue
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I'm attempting to install the latest InnoTek runtime using ECSMT 2.1.8.1 and it sends me into a trap screen and a hard stop. The runtime is InnoTekRuntime_112b20.exe. Am I the only one this is happening to? Should I be using a earlier release? If so, where do I find it?

Gene

Date: 26 Apr, 2005 on 13:51
cytan
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Dec, 2003
2. Re:InnoTek Runtime Issue
Do you have a CRYSTAL semiconductors based soundcard? If you do, this may be the problem and it needs to be disabled with regedit2.
Date: 27 Apr, 2005 on 19:37
Gene
Normal member
in user

since: 26 Apr, 2005
3. Re:InnoTek Runtime Issue
Yes I do use a Crystal Sound card. I crossed posted to the eCS-Tech forum and I got the regedit commands to disable it. That produced another question. When I learned that it was a conflict between the Crystal drivers and something in the InnoTek modules, I REM'd out the drivers in my Config.Sys, rebooted, and started the install of the InnoTek runtime. It install perfectly (along with the Acrobat reader and the Java SDK). What will happen if I update the registry and go back and un-comment the Crystal drivers (so I can have sound again)?

Gene

Date: 28 Apr, 2005 on 13:51
cytan
Premium member
in user

since: 05 Dec, 2003
4. Re:InnoTek Runtime Issue
I have the crystal sound card and with the changes in the registry and with the sound card drivers enabled everything works, i.e. with sound. The only exception is perhaps sound from Innotek compiled stuff.

cytan

Gene (28 Apr, 2005 13:51):
Yes I do use a Crystal Sound card. I crossed posted to the eCS-Tech forum and I got the regedit commands to disable it. That produced another question. When I learned that it was a conflict between the Crystal drivers and something in the InnoTek modules, I REM'd out the drivers in my Config.Sys, rebooted, and started the install of the InnoTek runtime. It install perfectly (along with the Acrobat reader and the Java SDK). What will happen if I update the registry and go back and un-comment the Crystal drivers (so I can have sound again)?

Gene

Date: 28 Apr, 2005 on 19:11
InnoTek Runtime Issue
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: