Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Howto open pack and bundle files?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
AlanL
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 13 Apr, 2005
1. Howto open pack and bundle files?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I`m trying to install warp4 from a cd I made. It stops
at disk_11 and starts over. Disk_12 is the first pack file.
I think if I can unpack the pack files and reburn the cd
it might install to the merry end! I need to unpack in
windows 98.
Date: 15 May, 2005 on 19:36
tex
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Howto open pack and bundle files?
I believe the unpack.exe command found in OS/2 will work in DOS. I am not sure since I moved on to eCS ages ago.

David

Date: 15 May, 2005 on 21:54
Radek
Premium member
in user

since: 17 Jul, 2003
3. Re:Howto open pack and bundle files?
I have seen W3 and W4 long ago but I am afraid that the problem will be elsewhere. Here are a few shots in the dark

First, IIRC, all diskettes following the second one in W3 were in XDF format. We can suppose that the situation in W4 will be similar. Therefore, if you got problems at the 12th diskette, the problem would not be caused by the format. I guess that the disk_12 is damaged and causes the installer to restart before the installer prepares itself for the restart. That's why the installation moves in an infinite cycle.

At any rate, both W3 and W4 needed BASEDEV=XDFLOPPY.FLT in your config. sys (I think it was basedev but I am not sure). Check it. eCS does not use this and it can still read XDF formatted diskettes. Most likely, Daniela's drivers know the format and need not the filter.

Second, IIRC, the "disks" on your CD are disk images. The xdfcopy.exe is an OS/2 program, which is able to copy an XDF disk image from one disk *or from an XDF .dsk file* to another diskette. You will need the filter xdfloppy.flt for it. But what to do next? I am not sure whether the classic disk image managing programs are able to operate the XDF formatted images. At any rate, you can try loaddf.zip from Hobbes, which should contain both loaddsk.exe and savedskf.exe. You can also try xdfcopy.exe whether it is able to create a disk image if it is able to read it.

Third, the unpack2.exe is an OS/2 program, which is able to unpack the "bundle". IIRC, if you have the filter installed, you won't see the "bundle", it will be already "unpacked", you will see individual files, and you will be said that the total size of the diskette is 1.8 MB.

Date: 16 May, 2005 on 12:44
AlanL
Normal member
in user

since: 13 Apr, 2005
4. Re:Howto open pack and bundle files?
I tested it and unpack.exe will work in W98 but it wont
unpack a pack or bundle file. Unpack2 will unpack a
bundle and also installs at same time.
Radek: What you say makes sense, it must be a bad
disk_12. All the disks were imaged to folders with
winimage. I dont know if its a bad disk or the imaging
went wrong. Ill have to check. Thanks for both answers.
Date: 17 May, 2005 on 04:52
Howto open pack and bundle files?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: