Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
OS/2 Warp 4 Install not booting
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
zizban
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 24 Feb, 2005
1. OS/2 Warp 4 Install not booting
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I've done this before but for the life of me, I can't figure out the problem is. I have booted from the floppies, created by os/2 partition, added it to the boot manager then did the install.

Upon reboot, nothing happens except GRUB with a flashing prompt. I had linux installed on this beast ages ago but I thought by wiping clean and installing os/2, it would have gotten rid of grub. What am I missing?

Date: 31 Jul, 2005 on 16:53
zizban
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 24 Feb, 2005
2. Re:OS/2 Warp 4 Install not booting
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Well, the os/2 4 installer doesn't erase the mbr. I booted from a windows 95 cd, wiped out the mbr then started the os/2 install and it worked like a champ.
Date: 31 Jul, 2005 on 18:29
OS/2 Warp 4 Install not booting
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: