Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
osw
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Apr, 2005
1. iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi everybody!

I'm about to get iPod shuffle and would like to use it under warp?
Have you some expierience with it? (i have all that usb stuff already there and myPod 0.2.3 from sourceforge)... but still unsure...

Date: 06 Sep, 2005 on 23:32
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
2. Re:iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?

osw (06 Sep, 2005 23:32):
Hi everybody!

Have you some expierience with it? (i have all that usb stuff already there and myPod 0.2.3 from sourceforge)... but still unsure...

Never tried a shuffle, but because of problems with LVM re-writting the partition tables on removable media the ipod 20gig does not function. Mypod will read it, and will be able to list the contents but cannot write to the drive. Unmounting and the unit will fail.. The only thing you might be able to do is use dfsee to fix it after you connect.. never tried, was too annoyed by re-writting my partition like 10 times =(

Date: 07 Sep, 2005 on 06:24
osw
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Apr, 2005
3. Re:iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?

Sebadoh (07 Sep, 2005 06:24):

Hi everybody!

Never tried a shuffle, but because of problems with LVM re-writting the partition tables on removable media the ipod 20gig does not function. Mypod will read it, and will be able to list the contents but cannot write to the drive. Unmounting and the unit will fail.. The only thing you might be able to do is use dfsee to fix it after you connect.. never tried, was too annoyed by re-writting my partition like 10 times =(

Thanks for fast reply.
iPod shuffle is just 512mb or 1 gb and has no hard drive, so I've expected it to behave like any other usb stick and have no idea about lvm problems...
So no way to read/write apple-made usb stick under warp?

Date: 07 Sep, 2005 on 06:51
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
4. Re:iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?

osw (07 Sep, 2005 06:51):

Hi everybody!

Thanks for fast reply.
iPod shuffle is just 512mb or 1 gb and has no hard drive, so I've expected it to behave like any other usb stick and have no idea about lvm problems...
So no way to read/write apple-made usb stick under warp?

Even USB keys are actually "hard drives" when referenced to a drive letter using lvm, they have partition tables (though they should be read only). You need USB 2.0 support, MSD v2.0 (not the 1.1 version which ships with OS/2) and fat32 support and you can give it a try. Don't expect too much though.

Date: 08 Sep, 2005 on 03:21
dink
Premium member
in user

since: 03 Jul, 2003
5. Re:iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?

Hi everybody!

LVM even f*'s up a noname mp3 player that I have which mounts as a drive letter ugh.. I guess its not really an issue for me, since it works absolutely perfect (along with my iPod) on my winxp laptop.

Date: 08 Sep, 2005 on 10:20
iPod shuffle? good idea under warp?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: