Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Dan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 May, 2002
1. Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Has anyone ever gotten WARP 4 running on a Dell Latitude C600 with an ATI Mobility M3 video adapter with 8.0 meg of video memory to work correctly? I need to have a resolution of at least 1024x768 on this beast. I just purchased the latest version of SciTech Display Doctor which installs with no warnings, etc. But on boot after SDD is installed, the video display goes nuts. I needed to resort to VGA mode to reboot. I've been working on this damn machine for three solid days with no luck. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. To install WARP 4 correctly, I needed to set the CPU speed to "Compatablity" mode. After WARP 4 installation, I set the CPU speed back to 750mz and all seems to work. I then installed FixPack 15 with no problems. Now I'm stuck trying to get the video adapter to work! HELP!!!
Date: 05 May, 2002 on 23:55
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
I would as you thought that the SDD would pick up this chip, bit it din't. Looking at what chip set SDD supports from ATI it say following:

Mach64 GX, Mach64 CX, Mach64 CT, Mach64 VT, 3D Rage, Mach64 VTB, 3D Rage II, 3D Rage II+, Mach64 VT4, 3D Rage IIC, 3D Rage Pro, 3D Rage LT Pro, Rage Mobility, Rage XL, Rage 128, Rage 128 Pro, Rage 128 Ultra, Rage Mobility 128, Rage Mobility 128-D4x, Radeon, Radeon VE, Mobility Radeon, Radeon 7500, Mobility Radeon 7500, Radeon 8500.

Have You tried the with the GRAD drivers?

/Kim

Date: 06 May, 2002 on 15:48
Dan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
3. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
I have tried every version of GRADD drivers I could find. Nothing seems to work. I did get the latest, and greatest BIOS upgrade for the C600 from the Dell site last night, version A21. My machine had version A03 when I got it. A list of changes from Dell indicates there were some ATI fixes integrated in this BIOS release. Who knows? When I get home from work tonight, I'll try again. It's too bad installing OS/2 is so damn frustrating. It's a great operating system, but support for it is slim to none.
Date: 06 May, 2002 on 16:14
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
4. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Have had the same problem with getting OS2 to work on desktops. But, regarding the ATI gfx chip; have you tried to use the plain ATI Mach 64 drivers? I had earlier a Compaq laptop with the some sort of Rage chip. Had some trouble actually with the GRAD drivers but got it to work with the plain Mach 64 drivers. At that point I never tried with SDD; can't remember why but I guess since I got it to work I would guess that I was happy

/Kim

Date: 06 May, 2002 on 16:28
Dan
Normal member
in user

5. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
I tried the standard ATI Mach 64 drivers. They did not work also.
Date: 06 May, 2002 on 18:36
Kim
Team member
in staff

6. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Okey, it was worth trying at least.I'm out of suggestions currently. The full version of SDD has more features to play around with.Try to check the readme.txt file that came along with the distro it might give some hints there.

/Kim

Date: 06 May, 2002 on 19:56
Dan
Normal member
in user

7. It now Works!!!
Thanks to the assistance of Steve Wendt from SciTech, I've gotten video to work. I really appreciate the great support from Steve and SciTech!!!
Date: 08 May, 2002 on 19:23
Kim
Team member
in staff

8. Re:Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Great! Steve was also the one that helped me out with my problem with SDD. Since of that I also got myself a registered version . I had problem with "washed out icons" within pmMail and Ftp Browser among other.

What as the trick to help You out. I tried to install SDD on a HP laptop and I had some wierd gfx effects - could be the same problem .

/Kim

Date: 09 May, 2002 on 17:37
Dell Latitude C600 with ATI Mobility M3 and WARP 4?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: