Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Setup & Installation
Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Sam
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Feb, 2004
1. Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I would to like transfer an Warp 3 workstaion with IDE drive and several OS/2 applications to a new server. That server has SCSI harddisk attached to on board SCSI card.

Is there any simple way to do so ?

I tried creating ghost image of original one and ghost it back to the new drive. Then use utility disks to boot up and modify config.sys. Necessary driver was copied to new drive. However the resulting drive cannot be boot up.

I added BASEDEV=OS2SCSI.DMD and BASEDEV=SCSI_card.add in config.sys. SCSI card driver was copied to directory c:\OS2\boot.

The error message is "OS2 is unable to operate your hard disk or disk drive. The system is stopped. Correct the preceding error and restart system."

Preceding error is complainting the SCSI card did not present. However, I am sure the driver is correct.

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks in advance.

Date: 25 Oct, 2005 on 15:48
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
since: 04 Feb, 2004
2. Re:Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Did you do a partition dump or a files dump with ghost?
The last one certainly won't work with OS/2.
And did you format the drive with OS/2?
Is it a FAT drive?
I wonder if the MBR (Master Boot Record) is correct.
When I have to copy a whole drive I usually ZIP it with hidden files and EA's ect, then format the new one in OS/2 (HPFS mostly) and just unzip the whole thing, it works.
Date: 25 Oct, 2005 on 16:06
Sam
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Feb, 2004
3. Re:Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Partition dump from old drive.

No. Original partition is HPFS

New drive was created as follow :
Use DOS boot disk with USB driver to boot up new server. Restore the partition through USB port. Then use OS/2 utility disks to boot up the drive for config.sys modification and driver copy.

Thanks

Date: 25 Oct, 2005 on 17:23
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
since: 04 Feb, 2004
4. Re:Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Well I don't have a SCSI drive and no experiance with it either, but I think it should not be a problem in OS/2.
Not sure however what else you need except the driver.

Anyway, I do the partitioning ect always from within OS/2, never from DOS with this dos_fdisk thing, this fdisk did make me problems like you have before.

So I suggest to boot in OS/2 and do at least the partitioning there, and set the active drive.

Date: 27 Oct, 2005 on 17:31
Transfer Warp 3 from PC to server
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: