Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Internet
Firefox 2.0
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
melf
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
1. Firefox 2.0
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Have you tested FF 2.0? How does it work for you? I have problems with frequent/nearly constant CPU overload. Monitor shows between 50 and 99% and performance is slow. Same phenomena with PW-FX2.0. Nothing like that with FF1.5.0.7 or PW-FX1.5.0.7.
/Mikael
Date: 30 Oct, 2006 on 11:07
Ben Dragon
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 15 Apr, 2004
2. Re:Firefox 2.0
I'm sorry to hear that, Melf.
I installed FF 2.0 immediately after release by emptying my FF 1.5* folder and stuffing FF 2.0 into it.

It runs just fine here. No problems... except breaking some extensions... but that was expected.

Athlon FX2 3800+

1 gig RAM

Gigabyte MB

eCS 1.2mr

---

Date: 30 Oct, 2006 on 20:51
melf
Premium member
in staff

3. Re:Firefox 2.0
Thanks Ben, thats good to know, as a reference. The CPU load seems dependent of the size of the FF window. At a certain point of window size the CPU load, when FF's idling, is going down to 1,1% or up to 76%(make it lesser or bigger from that point). The mouse pointer is flickering. Even if load is 1,1% it is very easy going up when using FF (not idling).
I installed FF2.0 in a folder of its own for test purpose.

I also use ecs 1.2 MR
athlon 2600+
~760MB RAM
but just VBE-graphics

---
/Mikael

Date: 30 Oct, 2006 on 21:32
abwillis
Premium member
in user

since: 21 Mar, 2003
4. Re:Firefox 2.0
It is related to your personal toolbar. If there are more bookmarks in it than can be displayed is when this happens.
Andy
Date: 30 Oct, 2006 on 22:52
melf
Premium member
in staff

5. Re:Firefox 2.0
Yes,you're absolutely right! That seem to be the problem. If I get rid of my bookmarks in "Bookmars Toolbar", the funktionality is near to normal. I reported it as a bug. Couldn't see it was reported before.

---
/Mikael
Date: 31 Oct, 2006 on 09:13
Ben Dragon
Premium member
in user

since: 15 Apr, 2004
6. Re:Firefox 2.0
Now that's a useful piece of knowledge... I'll file that one away.

---
Date: 01 Nov, 2006 on 18:37
Firefox 2.0
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: